Mechanical Me 900 air governor

jamom123

Expert Expediter
Does anyone know the actual location of the air governor on a mbe900? I know where the compressor is. On the back driver side of the motor but I can't seem to find the air governor. Thanks

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
It is in front of the air compressor.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'd ask someone at Frtlnr, there may be a secret.
I once had a fuel line that needed replacing . The tech removed the little fender between the wheel well and the door. I would have never thought of that.

jamom123

Expert Expediter
You can't imagine changing out that compressor
I wouldn't want to imagine trying to change that compressor. My other truck has a c10 cat and the compressor and governor are right in front of your face on the driver side of the motor. Leave it to Mercedes to be a pain in the a $$.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I'd take the fuel economy of the MB over the Cat any day. A few tank-fulls of fuel and you saved enough money to pay someone to change that compressor

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Good for you then. But I've never heard of a Cat getting that much. As you can see in my signature, my MBE 900 is at 12.5 mpg total average since I bought it a couple of months ago.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Good for you then. But I've never heard of a Cat getting that much. As you can see in my signature, my MBE 900 is at 12.5 mpg total average since I bought it a couple of months ago.
Just wait for overhaul time then it's really gonna suck bad I do agree I sure miss my Mbe mpg compare to my current truck

Skyline

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
The air governor is on the driver side of the engine next to the frame rail. Reach it from the bottom. Changing the air compressor is a life changing experience on the mbe900!

Skyline

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have dismantled these mbe's and put them back together. Know them pretty well and my current 906 is about to hit 1 million and runs beautiful! Feel free to ask any questions, I might have an answer. A good friend of mine has a shop near Chicago at 294/80 and only worked on these mbe's for years for a school bus company. Knows them inside out.

Reactions: stopenginelight