May Day What’s going on banter

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If I'm up why is nobody else up?

Problems with the self service portal sending a certificate of insurance for today's run. I must have been nuts to think I'd be unaffected by Covid-19. Seems like enough people are using the internet portal to crash it (office is closed so I guess that makes sense right)

Take your time, people. Pickup is at 1:30 pm, no rush :tonguewink:

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well last night went ok, and I stay alive another month.

Back at work on the sprinter. I know the issue now; the splines on the pinion gear and the yoke are so tight, they won't assemble with 3/4 inch drive truck ratchet (which I managed to break by screaming at the sky and bashing into the pavement)

Plan now is to hammer the yoke on the pinion and off again enough times that it actually goes back together.

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It’s slow I’m losing my mind. I’ve spent more time at a truck stop than I have driving this week! I think it’s time to tell my boss I’m gonna stay home until this blows over. It’s ridiculous.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It’s slow I’m losing my mind. I’ve spent more time at a truck stop than I have driving this week! I think it’s time to tell my boss I’m gonna stay home until this blows over. It’s ridiculous.
If you want to drive up to Ontario, I could use a hand :tearsofjoy:

I was advised to suspend cross border coverage if I could for now, save money...I won't of course. One company left for cross border insurance here in Ontario and I'm afraid I won't get it back. Tried to help a friend get coverage and they wouldn't even answer him, no.commercial experience.

Yeah it's slow. I've solved the problem by staying at home rather than a truck stop. Maybe you could too?

Reactions: RoadTime

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am in Alberta 1 day left of 14 days in solitary... going to be moving back to Canada this year probably...its my country after all...USA is a great country but not home anymore...
my 2 sons live here Calgary and Edmonton area.. so checking out prices and costs... getting sticker shock up here....must that FREE healthcare? LOL

Sold all my interests in SD...moving forward.. dang I miss JuJu

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Spent more than I made this month already.

Time to address everything on my personal "fleet"

New suspension for the Chevy Express van, it earned it on 3 emergency deliveries while my sick sprinter awaits divine intervention

Also picked up new coated rotors for the front on the sprinter. Not sure if.it's even been 2 years yet. But heavy rust on the Freemax Carbon I got for $60 ea is visible even thru the wheel. Don't need a hassle when running HOS hazmat loads

Wife is sick upstairs (Covid?) I'm on Nurse duty, so it stays in the driveway on blocks for now. Also on the agenda, replacing the steering rack. Fun fun

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Spent more than I made this month already.

Time to address everything on my personal "fleet"

New suspension for the Chevy Express van, it earned it on 3 emergency deliveries while my sick sprinter awaits divine intervention

Also picked up new coated rotors for the front on the sprinter. Not sure if.it's even been 2 years yet. But heavy rust on the Freemax Carbon I got for $60 ea is visible even thru the wheel. Don't need a hassle when running HOS hazmat loads

Wife is sick upstairs (Covid?) I'm on Nurse duty, so it stays in the driveway on blocks for now. Also on the agenda, replacing the steering rack. Fun fun

Just come buy my sprinter! You won’t regret it :)

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
..... so checking out prices and costs... getting sticker shock up here...

Check out Cochrane or Rocky Mountain House areas. Not too too far from the cities but far enough. RMH is cheaper than Cochrane but a bit more hick.
Could always go full hick and move to Grand Prairie.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am in Alberta 1 day left of 14 days in solitary... going to be moving back to Canada this year probably...its my country after all...USA is a great country but not home anymore...
my 2 sons live here Calgary and Edmonton area.. so checking out prices and costs... getting sticker shock up here....must that FREE healthcare? LOL

Sold all my interests in SD...moving forward.. dang I miss JuJu

Virtual hug sent

If you relocate permanently, will you change to Alberta Van Man?

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Interesting new addition to my local Meijer store. One way Isles. I didn't pick up on that till I was almost done shopping. I saw a one way sign on a corner shelf. I thought, that's odd must be special instructions for the stock person on which direction to place items

MikeD

Expert Expediter
I'm in service at home, no load offers for quite a while. Am I working or retired? Is there a difference? Other than the fact that retired means no income and no expenses, while working means no income and ongoing

I take it the words in service means you’re waiting for work, why aren’t you being compensated after all if you where babysitting and the baby sleeps you would still get paid. Just a thought.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Check out Cochrane or Rocky Mountain House areas. Not too too far from the cities but far enough. RMH is cheaper than Cochrane but a bit more hick.
Could always go full hick and move to Grand Prairie.
right now in the Wabamun area west of Edmonton toward Hinton/Jasper...with the oil going for a dump housing prices have dropped very much..have a couple prospects in the Alberta Lake area.