May Be Loads 4 You & Banter

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well I get to keep my Mother's Day streak alive...i'll be gone again.

Halifax Nova Scotia for the second time this year.

Does one good paying delivery mean business is picking up?

Not unless you get booked outta of there.

Somewhere between '12-'13 I booked a whale to Halifax. It was winter so I splurged on a room at the Best Western, it was actually quiet nice. Spent the night in Halifax, next day got lucky & booked a load to Jersey City.

Have fun ...

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
1 week you think about buying a Steak and the next week you're looking for a Bone .

So true. Although I've been looking at bones all year, I finally found some steak ;)

Emptied out this morning, and loaded back up for Monday delivery :smiley_driving:

Best week of the year. I really, really, really, needed a good week to survive.

Did I mention I really needed a good week :JC-hysterical:

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sat in McConnellsburg on Monday, Hagerstown on Tuesday. Wednesday morning saw us go from there to Charleston, WV. Nice quiet TA in Teays Valley for Thursday. Yesterday, Huntington to Waycross, GA. Now waiting....

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Sat in McConnellsburg on Monday, Hagerstown on Tuesday. Wednesday morning saw us go from there to Charleston, WV. Nice quiet TA in Teays Valley for Thursday. Yesterday, Huntington to Waycross, GA. Now waiting....

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Seems unusually slow for early May. A few seem to be doing normal but most I talk to are between a little slow and crying. Glad I'm off for another week.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yep sensor.

Woke up this morning and sprinter was 180 on startup, imagine if I was clueless and got a 14 hour tow home and gave up a $2000 run :laughing:

Fredricton, NB. Talking to the gas station guy, cheap living in New Brunswick but no jobs..

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Pressure washed the house, I seriously gotta see how much it'll cost to have someone do that next time. Fat guy, hanging on a ladder 12 ft up in the air, waving around a pressure washer is gonna go wrong at some point. Spray painted the shudders, they needed it. Cut the grass ... twice. Did all the cooking and cleaning up yesterday for 6 ... steaks, asparagus, potatoes & mushrooms.

Hopefully the boss is satisfied for now ..... back to work.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Just read about the latest move by Amazon. Current employees can quit and become contract delivery "Entrepreneurs" And they will get 3 months pay and up to $10,000 assistance in start up costs. The post on Yahoo also showed a brief clip of just how automated their distribution centers are.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just read about the latest move by Amazon. Current employees can quit and become contract delivery "Entrepreneurs" And they will get 3 months pay and up to $10,000 assistance in start up costs. The post on Yahoo also showed a brief clip of just how automated their distribution centers are.

We had that contract for awhile. Think running your ass off for 2.75 - 3.75 a delivery

Last edited:

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
We had that contact for awhile. Think running your ass off for 2.75 - 3.75 a delivery
Indeed, no suggestion that anyone should do this. However, the lengths Amazon is going to develop a "Final Mile" freight network. 20 years ago they had a nice little website to sell used books. 10 years from now they will control a freight industry that won't resemble what it looks like today.