May Be Loads 4 You & Banter

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sadly, the J in Altoona, IA is going downhill as well. I’m surprised they haven’t been able to attract another restaurant after Bosselman’s closed theirs. It wouldn’t be so bad if PFJ sold decent food, but all they have is fried junk. That, and the Burger King across the street burned down.

However, all is not lost in Altoona, though: across the street from Walmart is a Panda Express

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: ntimevan

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
The Detroiter was a Dump in 2003 when I first came out on the road . I M O it's still a Dump no matter who owns it . A Shower is the only reason for Me to stop there and then leave again.

" LOAD 1 "

Yea, I avoid the Detroiter if at all possible, but more over getting in and out has always been a hassle.

Reactions: ntimevan

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Detroiter was a Dump in 2003 when I first came out on the road . I M O it's still a Dump no matter who owns it . A Shower is the only reason for Me to stop there and then leave again.

" LOAD 1 "
Yea, I avoid the Detroiter if at all possible, but more over getting in and out has always been a hassle.

I would never go there!.........

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
Nope. My company doesn't pay me jack to DH. I've always been on my own. I've got about 1 year in the business so far, and I feel like it always falls on me to make the best decisions concerning loads. I asked my dispatcher, after dropping the load (45 minutes West of Boise), where should I wait for my next load. She says, "I don't know. I've never had a driver up there before". SMH
I'm curious what you ended up deciding to do or if you got a load?

Reactions: Grizzly

mr_durdan

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm curious what you ended up deciding to do or if you got a load?
The next day, after dropping outside Boise, my dispatcher recommended moving to Salt Lake City. I got a load there, the same day I moved, dropping in Pensacola, FL. I had 4 days to get there, so I stopped by home in St. Louis for a day to see the family. I dropped yesterday in Pensacola, and now I'm waiting between Montgomery and Mobile for my next load.

mr_durdan

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
BTW, that load out of SLC was only .62 per mile including my DH. I didn't care though because I got to go home. Now my dispatcher is telling me she's only seen one load to bid on, out of Birmingham, all day. 182 loads in the whole entire country listed right now. Anyone else in the same predicament?

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
The next day, after dropping outside Boise, my dispatcher recommended moving to Salt Lake City. I got a load there, the same day I moved, dropping in Pensacola, FL. I had 4 days to get there, so I stopped by home in St. Louis for a day to see the family. I dropped yesterday in Pensacola, and now I'm waiting between Montgomery and Mobile for my next load.
Even with the lower rate back that's not a bad week. Nice to go out west sometimes for the change of scenery.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
BTW, that load out of SLC was only .62 per mile including my DH. I didn't care though because I got to go home. Now my dispatcher is telling me she's only seen one load to bid on, out of Birmingham, all day. 182 loads in the whole entire country listed right now. Anyone else in the same predicament?
Most of us are in the same predicament.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Saw an early 50's tt kinda like the one I posted, 3 different colors, doing 10 mph up a hill on 380 in PA hauling a full modern trailer!!

I was gonna take a picture for you guys, but I was afraid it would kill me if I stopped on the other side of the hill. Almost 70 year old truck, and people make fun of mine :laughing: