May Be Loads 4 You & Banter

mr_durdan

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I hope you got extra money to make a move otherwise it’s definitely coming out of your pocket. I would probably say Salt Lake City, Denver just to name a few but me personally I would move to Minneapolis and get back into the freight lanes but others may say to move elsewhere.

Nope. My company doesn't pay me jack to DH. I've always been on my own. I've got about 1 year in the business so far, and I feel like it always falls on me to make the best decisions concerning loads. I asked my dispatcher, after dropping the load (45 minutes West of Boise), where should I wait for my next load. She says, "I don't know. I've never had a driver up there before". SMH

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nope. My company doesn't pay me jack to DH. I've always been on my own. I've got about 1 year in the business so far, and I feel like it always falls on me to make the best decisions concerning loads. I asked my dispatcher, after dropping the load (45 minutes West of Boise), where should I wait for my next load. She says, "I don't know. I've never had a driver up there before". SMH
I'll bet you won't accept another load there again.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

These lessons are hard to learn but you HAVE to get a great rate going into the abyss. If not, simply pass on the load. Once you factor in empty/DH miles, it could be a 2,500+ mi trip at a loss!

If I may ask, what company are you with?

You basically have three options:

1. DH out. As previously mentioned, this can be tricky. You could DH to a closer city & still get stuck for days ..... or DH lots of miles to get into better freight lanes.

2. Be really patient and wait for a decent paying load. We're talking like 5-7 days here.

3. Drop your pants and start tossing out bottom feeder bids at whatever comes along.

God luck! Keep us posted ...

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
First year is in the books for our little Tiger. Load out day at Clemson ...
I'll be providing free labor and transport today.
Currently campus is packed with parents trying to find any patch of grass to park on. I've already startled 3 people with my pinpoint accuracy in maneuvering my van ... lol

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh, btw ... I've been an option #1 or #2 guy. There shouldn't be many vehicles in that area so you really shouldn't have to go for option #3.
... BUT it only takes 1 other vehicle ...

Reactions: NorthernBill

mr_durdan

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
These lessons are hard to learn but you HAVE to get a great rate going into the abyss. If not, simply pass on the load. Once you factor in empty/DH miles, it could be a 2,500+ mi trip at a loss!

If I may ask, what company are you with?

You basically have three options:

1. DH out. As previously mentioned, this can be tricky. You could DH to a closer city & still get stuck for days ..... or DH lots of miles to get into better freight lanes.

2. Be really patient and wait for a decent paying load. We're talking like 5-7 days here.

3. Drop your pants and start tossing out bottom feeder bids at whatever comes along.

God luck! Keep us posted ...

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Precious little advice for an Ontarian on here. What do you do if you can't pick up in USA and drop in USA? Where's my freight lane :tearsofjoy:

Using the time for "relationship" repair. Getting to know the kids again.

Also, bringing my 2005 Sprinter up to inspection standards. Not that I need to, practice for that tandem straight I'm planning.

This week was power steering flush and wiper arm replacement. Fixed my intermittent turn signal problem; next is intermittent abs wheel signal, causing trouble lights and strange shifting.

I find it really annoying that the pre trip includes crap that's actually wrong with my sprinter. Like "grille must be tight and secure. License plate tight and secure"

Broke some plastic clips on the grille at one point, and front plate only has 2 bolts...what that has to do with safety, I dunno. Make work projects from someone who has never driven a truck.

Going over all the lights was useful tho. Much brighter and consistent. Rear tailight housings needed grease and there were intermittent shorts causing one or the other brake lights to come on and off unless smacked...

Oh and one extreme shorty...

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
next is intermittent abs wheel signal, causing trouble lights and strange shifting.

Wheel Speed Sensor??

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app
More likely corroded tone rings. Not looking forward to removing the axles, torching, and replacing wheel bearings only to need a 600 ft lb torque wrench and special adapter

So I have 4 matching sensors straight from Germany to try first + a tone ring scrubbing with a grinder

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Precious little advice for an Ontarian on here. What do you do if you can't pick up in USA and drop in USA? Where's my freight lane :tearsofjoy:

Using the time for "relationship" repair. Getting to know the kids again.

Also, bringing my 2005 Sprinter up to inspection standards. Not that I need to, practice for that tandem straight I'm planning.

This week was power steering flush and wiper arm replacement. Fixed my intermittent turn signal problem; next is intermittent abs wheel signal, causing trouble lights and strange shifting.

I find it really annoying that the pre trip includes crap that's actually wrong with my sprinter. Like "grille must be tight and secure. License plate tight and secure"

Broke some plastic clips on the grille at one point, and front plate only has 2 bolts...what that has to do with safety, I dunno. Make work projects from someone who has never driven a truck.

Going over all the lights was useful tho. Much brighter and consistent. Rear tailight housings needed grease and there were intermittent shorts causing one or the other brake lights to come on and off unless smacked...

Oh and one extreme shorty...
More likely corroded tone rings. Not looking forward to removing the axles, torching, and replacing wheel bearings only to need a 600 ft lb torque wrench and special adapter

So I have 4 matching sensors straight from Germany to try first + a tone ring scrubbing with a grinder
Note to Self ...

Never buy a Used Sprinter from a CANADIAN ...LOL

" LOAD 1 "