MaxForce DT the 466 in the 2010s to 2013s

djidok

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
So I'm about to buy a truck, Im looking at a few options from international. I know the max force had the lawsuit and were generally terrible, or so weve all been told. but from what ive been looking at it only affected certain motors in that line up. I cant find anything on the dt which was the 466. i know back in the day the 466 was one of the best around next to the 444...

My question is. Do any of you guys run this motor? what can i expect out of it?

I had a freightliner lined up but it got sold out from under me before i could get down payment around.

Toyoracer33

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
A quick look at various classified sections will show tons of dead 466DT for sale. In fact Those were just about all of the non-runners that I've seen. Even my contact at Penske said to avoid them.

Acquisitions

Active Expediter
Recruiter
There is a good reason why they will make you a good deal on a international.......just find yourself another Freightliner with a DD13 in it and save yourself a lot problems

marksauto

New Recruit
Mechanic
they are the reason why international has lost its foothold in the industry. intl used to be the truck of choice. they lost all my loyalty when the emissions rules made them change everything. they have been going downhill since the mid 2000's. since they have lost all that market share, and in turn they have raised all their prices. same part, same part #......buy it from ford and it is less than half the price. that is crazy. its been like this for a while, and only getting worse. i constantly buy factory parts from ford, and use them to repair the internationals. a simple flex hose for a hydraulic brake, 2007 LCF... $171.00 my cost from international......for a flex hose. found them from the ford dealer, came in the international packaging for less than $70. i am no longer loyal to international
dont even get me started when we have to buy an egr cooler for a dt466.......$3000 from intl, 1 yr warranty, and about $400 for an aftermarket one that comes with a lifetime warranty.

im starting to rant,,,,,,,

ms

Reactions: RoadTime

djidok

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
they are the reason why international has lost its foothold in the industry. intl used to be the truck of choice. they lost all my loyalty when the emissions rules made them change everything. they have been going downhill since the mid 2000's. since they have lost all that market share, and in turn they have raised all their prices. same part, same part #......buy it from ford and it is less than half the price. that is crazy. its been like this for a while, and only getting worse. i constantly buy factory parts from ford, and use them to repair the internationals. a simple flex hose for a hydraulic brake, 2007 LCF... $171.00 my cost from international......for a flex hose. found them from the ford dealer, came in the international packaging for less than $70. i am no longer loyal to international
dont even get me started when we have to buy an egr cooler for a dt466.......$3000 from intl, 1 yr warranty, and about $400 for an aftermarket one that comes with a lifetime warranty.

im starting to rant,,,,,,,

ms

I ended up finding an 04 with the 466 great motor. great mpg at 60

466 as in pre emissions. nobody could say anything decent about that maxforce dt. so i went with the cheaper option that gave me the willys and picked up and older truck that i found with low miles.