March into Spring 2020

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Day 1 of Michigan Lock Down. Violators are being tased and arrested in the streets
Martial law has been declared in Port Huron

Well, that's what I read on Facebook

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got my Taxes done in record time, with refunds to boot :clapping-happy:

Amazing how fast it is to do, when all the numbers were already generated, and kept track of, by my accounting program throughout the year.

Cheers to keeping good records...

No tax hair this year :cool:

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh, I wasn't aware of that. It's your vote to do with as you wish. I wholeheartedly agree, the candidates for the highest office haven't been the best this country has to offer. I don't think the two party system works as effectively as it used to. Obstuctionist politics rules.

Not that I'm keeping score but when does your pot get stirred counterclockwise? Where are those Trump cartoons? Don't be bashful ...

9/11..? Why 9/11?

btw ... I was in Manhattan on 9/11 and I'm in Queens now; delivery tomorrow morning. I'm having some very tasty Bangladeshi/Indian food at a late night dive in Jackson Heights. I was tempted to ask them for a Corona .. lol I got chai.

This fateful night looks a little different in the rear view mirror .....
Ya know that hospital in NYC they've been mentioning on the news ... Elmhurst Hospital? This place I ate at is 0.3 mi away from it ... a 5 min walk. The location is right at the intersection of Jackson Heights, Woodside and Elmhurst.
I rolled into Queens on Wed night, stayed in the area until Friday.
Dodged a bullet.
Washing hands and keeping spatial distance actually works.

Reactions: brokcanadian

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just alittle updating for a few Old Timers on EO.

W O M has left EO , deleted his info .(This info direct from him by Text ) Political Views Bashing and him being only 1 posting loads and Locations were his reasons. And No I didn't question him more about it .

Secondly, W O M 's mother passed away yesterday (Friday) at age 91 . No more details given.

sent from my Recliner..

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

W O M has left EO , deleted his info .(This info direct from him by Text ) Political Views Bashing and him being only 1 posting loads and Locations were his reasons. And No I didn't question him more about it .

Secondly, W O M 's mother passed away yesterday (Friday) at age 91 . No more details given.

sent from my Recliner..

Well tell him I say hey, thoughts and prayers for him in this trying time, I guess it’s time to move over and let the new age old timers take over,

Sent from lost in space.

Reactions: ntimevan

Noname

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Thanks, M, for the update on WOM, sad as it was. I enjoyed "riding" with them as they traveled all over, more places than a lot of us who tend to run the same highways repeatedly. I guess he bolted away from that.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

sent from my Recliner..

Sad news ..... :(
If you happen to be in contact, please send him our regards ....

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

sent from my Recliner..
source.gif

Noname

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
To speak to one of the items WOM mentioned, I too wonder if any of you are running and how much?

I'm sitting at home weighing chances of a load if I go out, where to go, how long before my deposits for company costs, insurance, etc, get too low, vs. getting and spreading the bug. Should I violate CDC guidelines and common sense and sit healthy for a week in Noload, USA when I could be doing my patriotic duty by self-isolating with my tv remote in a recliner next to my refrigerator? Anybody?

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
To speak to one of the items WOM mentioned, I too wonder if any of you are running and how much?

I'm sitting at home weighing chances of a load if I go out, where to go, how long before my deposits for company costs, insurance, etc, get too low, vs. getting and spreading the bug. Should I violate CDC guidelines and common sense and sit healthy for a week in Noload, USA when I could be doing my patriotic duty by self-isolating with my tv remote in a recliner next to my refrigerator? Anybody?

Completely up to you .....
Keep in mind, you are considered an essential service and therefore can legally operate.
I'm staying home for a little while. It's Spring, plenty of chores to do ...

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I’m still working during this virus. I’m not expediting anymore but I’ll start posting my loads! Picked up Friday in Georgia and delivered Sunday evening in bowling green. Picked up Sunday night in Evansville,IN and delivered in Edison,NJ today. Picked up 80 miles away in NY today and headed to Nashville!

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm running as much as I ever did, locally. Voluntarily I stopped border crossing.

Looks like my minimum workload is more than the Canadian bailout. Maybe I can collect it anyway, since it's a huge reduction in my income.

With 2 people in the household that have nearly no immune system, I'm only taking orders where I can see just 1 person at both ends and control their distance and touching the freight. I have disposable gloves as well.

Warehouse situations and public deliveries can wait for someone else.