March into Spring 2020

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
if half the expediters go home then the other half will probably get a little bit busy. still a lot of maintenance going on, you think about the energy industry and oil wells, if you think about power plants railroad trains there are a lot of mechanically oriented industries that did not shutdown. also with many vendors closed people will have to start moving maintenance products from one area to another so it could be okay but again not with thousands of us out here. I'm in the salt lake City area with about 35 other vans

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
if half the expediters go home then the other half will probably get a little bit busy. still a lot of maintenance going on, you think about the energy industry and oil wells, if you think about power plants railroad trains there are a lot of mechanically oriented industries that did not shutdown. also with many vendors closed people will have to start moving maintenance products from one area to another so it could be okay but again not with thousands of us out here. I'm in the salt lake City area with about 35 other vans

Do you get a Load from Washington State to Salt Lake City or did the Federal Health Officials send you there .?...
Remember if Half of Expediters would have stayed Home during this Virus in the first place and half of Expediters Currently out on road would just Go Home then you would still have probably a 20 Expediters to 1 Load coverage.
With as many Businesses closed and lack of Expedited Loads needed Brokers are probably looking at cheaper rates also making things even worse. Throw in Sitting in a Van 24 hours a day staring out the windows at the other vans parked by you . Yep get the Grill and Beer out it's time to party ...

sent from my Recliner..

Reactions: Perioodic

D1964

Rookie Expediter
Driver
My delivery was to Yakima Washington which might as well be Missouri it's so rural and yes 3000 Miles straight through with 2 - 3 hour power naps and I did it in 53 hours. And I will never do this solo run again ever!!

We did as team direct Philadelphia - San Francisco, 2800 miles, we both where dead tired in the end. Alone? You are a hero!

Reactions: ntimevan

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just got back from Meijer, I was so shocked to find the empty shelves stocked again :rolleyes:
Surprised there wasn't a stampede in the meat department ;)
But I guess even hoarders have their limits :JC-hysterical:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
View attachment 19902

This has been a crazy past few days. But unless I change my mind yet another time this week. I'm done driving T.T. for Schneider. The decision has next to nothing to do with Schneider, which makes leaving bittersweet. Even as I write this, I keep questioning my decision :rolleyes:

Subject to change: I will be announcing where I'm going on Monday.

Hmm, seems I have been incapable of making a final decision. I currently have 2 jobs and 1 needs to go by Monday morning. Time to flip a coin? :rolleyes:

Reactions: ntimevan

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And the hammer drops on Michigan...

Lansing — Following the lead of other Midwestern states, Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer issued Monday a "Stay Home, Stay Safe" executive order requiring businesses in the state to suspend in-person operations from 12:01 a.m. Tuesday through April 13 to help stem the spread of the novel coronavirus.