March into Spring 2020

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My delivery was to Yakima Washington which might as well be Missouri it's so rural and yes 3000 Miles straight through with 2 - 3 hour power naps and I did it in 53 hours. And I will never do this solo run again ever!!

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app
Funny how the truth comes out when they suspend HOS, huh? :)

(You beat me in mileage/speed, but not in hours...I skipped the power naps and bested your hours by 1...sometime in recent memory)

With the age difference you absolutely kicked my ass. I slept for 5 days after.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just been notified my trucker travel insurance DOES cover Covid-19 and emergency quarantine in USA (Blue Cross and the like has announced coverage does NOT include that for us)

I've got 5 million coverage. If they give that in cash, I'm going to find the nearest person coughing and French kiss them (male or female)

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That was short. I'm no longer needed here (Montreal)

Stay safe everyone!

Anyone needing a squeaky clean record fast approved driver, I am a true independent able to run under your authority if you are set up. Hired gun cover the door decal style. Pm me, I can send you an insurance cert immediately. You cover cargo n authority

(Won't hold my breath)

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just got home a few days ago and I'll probably be here until 3/30; I have a few things to take care of.
Looking forward .... is there anything you folks out on the road are doing differently now?

1. I'm thinking about cancelling my Anytime Fitness membership.
2. I'm thinking about getting a N95 respirator. Not to wear all day long but to have for certain circumstances. If I can find any in stock ....

When I'm not on a load, I'm normally accessing public wifi in Starbucks, a library, a truck stop, etc .... That's gonna change. I'll have to figure that out.

Are truck stops operating normally?
What are you seeing on the road that's different?

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just got home a few days ago and I'll probably be here until 3/30; I have a few things to take care of.
Looking forward .... is there anything you folks out on the road are doing differently now?

1. I'm thinking about cancelling my Anytime Fitness membership.
2. I'm thinking about getting a N95 respirator. Not to wear all day long but to have for certain circumstances. If I can find any in stock ....

When I'm not on a load, I'm normally accessing public wifi in Starbucks, a library, a truck stop, etc .... That's gonna change. I'll have to figure that out.

Are truck stops operating normally?
What are you seeing on the road that's different?
-No common areas to sit.
-Gas stations (except for Pilot) actually clean their bathrooms.
-people are stealing the toilet paper from said bathrooms, so check first
-questionaire to fill out before entrance to large factory
-gas/diesel is damn cheap
-especially at night, it's tractor trailers in a solid line all the way down our main highway

I'm not doing anything different. I avoid people where possible anyway, use a jacket or paper towel to touch door handles

Oh and it's busy everywhere. I can only guess people not working are circling stores, ready to pounce on the toilet paper when it appears like pirahnas on a fat cow

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Internet is cheap now grizzly, pony up for a mobile internet plan!

I have an unlimited mobile internet plan.
For what I do, I prefer to work on my laptop ... and that's generally more comfortable in those settings.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have an unlimited mobile internet plan.
For what I do, I prefer to work on my laptop ... and that's generally more comfortable in those settings.
Um...tether? (Wi-Fi sharing)

At least until you can't get sick from sitting at a Starbucks...

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
When the bathroom need allows notice I prefer Lowe's. Plenty of stores with plenty of stalls & usually clean. In more normal times if I have the luxury to plan I head to Kohl's - great bathrooms and not a lot of men shop so always available

Internet, like grizzly, I prefer to use my laptop. My phone "Hot Spot" works (slowly) for most surfing and with a strong signal I can do my banking.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
25296655-i-quit-sad-man-signboard.jpg

This has been a crazy past few days. But unless I change my mind yet another time this week. I'm done driving T.T. for Schneider. The decision has next to nothing to do with Schneider, which makes leaving bittersweet. Even as I write this, I keep questioning my decision :rolleyes:

Subject to change: I will be announcing where I'm going on Monday.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
View attachment 19902

This has been a crazy past few days. But unless I change my mind yet another time this week. I'm done driving T.T. for Schneider. The decision has next to nothing to do with Schneider, which makes leaving bittersweet. Even as I write this, I keep questioning my decision :rolleyes:

Second guessing yourself is not healthy.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That was short. I'm no longer needed here (Montreal)

Stay safe everyone!

Anyone needing a squeaky clean record fast approved driver, I am a true independent able to run under your authority if you are set up. Hired gun cover the door decal style. Pm me, I can send you an insurance cert immediately. You cover cargo n authority

(Won't hold my breath)
And I don’t want a French kiss. Lol

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
View attachment 19902

My guess is a Good Humor driver and get paid in ice cream