Big Truck Making my way Back

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Hey my fellow expediters, Its been a while but LIFE has played out its course, I lost my Mom about a month ago, and things are starting to turn around, its a sad time but I can now get back to doing what I loved and enjoyed. Ive been shopping and always looking at Trucks but Ive been out of the game for nearly two years. WHATS HOT, WHATS NOT, Ill be looking at a straight truck as usual, and Ill be doing a single O/O operation. Whats good and whats bad these days, Hoping to be back on the highway early spring....after estate sales and probate etc and settlements looking to finally buy that truck and make a move. ADVICE and OPINIONS eagerly anticipated !!

I will be talking to the companys Im familiar with and some maybe new ones, but the road is calling me back, hopefully its still a job a man can earn a living doing what he enjoys....

Reactions: davekc and Deville

Jim Tropf II

Active Expediter
Carrier Management
Stick with the usual suspects and you should be able to do just fine in a straight truck. We only have one straight truck running right now and he is staying fairly busy, and that is without running any automotive as well due to his lift gate.

Reactions: neilblack

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If it works in the budget, 24' box w/ 96" door opening, tandem axle, lift gate and have both your Haz-mat and Fast card. That will give you as many tool as possible.

Reactions: neilblack

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
I plan on a 24' straight truck if at all possible, Im not sure about Liftgate, but I already have my Passport, TWIC, and not really looking to haul hazmat....and my excellent driving record. Should be around May and well be back in it, looking to get out....It was a tough time, Im sure many have dealt with it, but I wouldnt have left her alone thru it, I have two brothers and neither stepped up to the plate, It was hard, but I do love trucking and its a life I can live and enjoy...and that makes a difference, I LIKE IT.

Reactions: RoadTime

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Ok looked at the FAST Card and wont have any issues getting that, and getting my TWIC card renewed, Ive always passed these things, I held a Hazmat Endorsement but its been quite a while back, more then ten years ago, but again it might be worth it as you said, TOOLS make money....and having the credentials cant hurt. Didnt realize the TWIC card was expired, but they have a place nearby me that can renew it. So when did this FAST card come into play ??

Looking to put a good down payment on a vehicle sometime in Feb/March and build out the vehicle and GO.....