Low Battery Shut Down

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Our low battery shut down appears to be kicking in while the truck is running. Everything that is connected to it shuts off for no apparent reason. Accessories, interior lights, fridge, bunk A/C, etc. The voltage meter on the truck shows it is charging at 13.9 volts and the batteries are a month old.
Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening or if there is a way to by pass the module?

boonsdad

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Check the fuse box on the wall behind the drivers seat for any damage. Ours did the same thing, water got in it from sweating and fried it out. If that is it there is a way to bypass the disconnect in the front fuse box. We had to replace the back fuse box and when looking for a used one found them all to be burnt. After replacing it we also had to bypass the disconnect. I think our trucks are very similar.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I have a large fuse terminal block behind my battery's , you need to remove them mine got corroded twice already on my Freightliner and had to be scrubbed and cleaned to get it to be a reliable connection again

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Yea I figured that I'm not sure exactly where that large 150 amp fuse is but that the first place is look generally it within a few feet of the battery bank it's where all the main feed wires going to different fuse panels and relays all meet at some point making the main battery connections to the cab and house a central location
They look like this ImageUploadedByEO Forums1457811225.927872.jpg
About 3/4 x 2"

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I checked that one and everything looks OK. I also turned of the kill switch for my liftgate.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
There are some solenoids that turn stuff on and off too I hear them whenever it turn the key not sure what they all are but there's a few of Em never had any issues with them so I'm unsure what they're for