Looking to hire a driver soon, where can I find a good one?

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Also anything I should be aware of? I have a 06 Sprinter van, leased on to Panther. :)

Me coming from being a driver I will treat the driver like a one should be treated, giving out regular bonus and potentially paying up to 65-70%

bikerpaul

Expert Expediter
It might help to get some replies if you would put it out there where you live or work out of.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I operate out of tx, co and va. The van would pretty much be handed over to the new driver. If new driver wants time off then I would fly in to the location of the van and take over for as long as the driver wanted off.

Providing the driver does not want more then two weeks off the van can sit at his location.

Last edited:

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Forty plus years in trucking that is the hardest thing there is, finding qualified drivers who are worth the time, energy and trust. I only have 3 TT and they run only from the southeast to the Northwest and I have been very fortunate to have 3 good husband and wife teams. As far as I'm concerned that's all I will hire if I need to do it again. If the wife wants to take off a trip I will run for her but if the Old man takes off we just have to park the truck. LOL!

jecrdt

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hi Dreamin,

Do you have any pictures of your Sprinter showing how it's set up inside?

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Mexico and the Eastern European coutnries seem to be popular recuriting grounds these days.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
T270. Sent you a pm.

please text me at 5 1 2 nine 6 three one two 8 3

I have a upgrades seat and stereo. I still yet have done the insulation upgrades. I will do what is needed to make the driver comfortable and payout regualar bonuses on the good weeks. Offer flat rate pay or possible get the driver to 70% after proven reliable. Also time off if you need it I can fill in for up to 4-6 weeks. But I want someone who can run 2-3 months straight. Hope to hear from you guys! I must say I am a unconventional expeditor in a good way! Sorry for the late reply

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Because it has a phone number those should be kept in pm's you never know who is reading this stuff.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Last post should be deleted.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

What is there to loose, my carrier already knows I'm looking to hire someone. I've spoken to them about the details. I haven't seen home for 4 months.

Driver hired can potentially be moved into a 2014 Sprinter if things go well come next summer. Right now I'm taking it one van at a time and one is plenty for now. Simplicity is a virtue.

Last edited:

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Still looking to hire someone who wants to run 8-10 months out the year, if you want the full 12 that is a option too. Just would like to present opportunity and flexibility. I need to bring someone on by Aug 15th and no later then end of August/Sept 1st. Please send me a message for fast response.