Looking to get on sylectus / dispatcher

multidimensionalmediallc

New Recruit
Fleet Owner
Hi all, i am looking to get on the sylectus load board and looks like i have to wait a year to have a chance at it. I recently signed up for my DOT and MC (pending insurance info to dot to make active) and i was able to get on truckstop. Looks like i have a better chance with loads on sylectus. I currently have a sprinter and plan on buying a couple more and/or box trucks if i can find someone to dispatch for me consistently. Thanks and God bless

Van2017

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Contact me, we dispatch Sprinters and box trucks. Your best bet is to buy 14 ft box truck under 10,000 lbs. My small box trucks make the same money as 26 ft trucks.

Reactions: bg101

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
If you buy a small box truck make sure of 2 things 1 single rear wheels 2 that the door sticker says under 10k or you will get into serious tickets when your found with out a log book and hotel receipts.

Reactions: bg101

bg101

Expert Expediter
14 ft box truck under 10,000 lbs. My small box trucks make the same money as 26 ft trucks.
Thanks for the business numbers and info on straights.

Who makes the 14 footer under 10k? I see Penske used, etc. are all 12ft with wheel wells on floor for the 9900lbs units, all flat floors 14 footers are 12k+ lbs. I assume needs to be some custom work and not from a big rental company?

Another issue, since these are not real dock high, do you always carry ramps to bump it up for such scenarios?

expediteisawesome

Rookie Expediter
Retired Expediter
Truckstop is really tough for expedited freight, or any smaller freight really. The beauty of finding work on Truckstop is that when you do find a broker that is on truckstop, you will tend to have a customer for a long time because they are probably having trouble finding someone to move their smaller stuff. If you need any help with expedite, send me a message and I could point you in the right direction. I've been in the business for quite some time. (Owned a few companies in the past) Please tell me a bit about your business and what you need help with the most. I will get back to everyone as soon as possible!

Reactions: cfs60009

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Most of us on here have been in the expedit industry for years.....you might get someone green but most veteran expediters are happy where they are.

bthom21

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Contact me, we dispatch Sprinters and box trucks. Your best bet is to buy 14 ft box truck under 10,000 lbs. My small box trucks make the same money as 26 ft trucks.
Hello Van2017 we just got into abs trying to start up here in Atlanta GA with two Sprinter vans. We definitely could use some help when it comes to getting a dispatcher that can find us loads. The vans are 14ft and can carry up to 7500lbs

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you buy a small box truck make sure of 2 things 1 single rear wheels 2 that the door sticker says under 10k or you will get into serious tickets when your found with out a log book and hotel receipts.
There are so many legally factory built cubes out there that are DRW 10,000 gvw built at the factory. Even now, a knowledgeable commercial salesman will know how to build a new drw van de- rated under 10k gvw.

However, there are so many of those multicarrier fleet owners, o/o's, who buy a 12,300# gvw Chevy, and a few Fords, and buy those Walmart individual stick on numbers, and plaster the door bottoms with " under 10,000 gvw"...so obvious, as they overload the crap out of them. Those are heavy empty to begin with.

Reactions: T270_Dreamin

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hello Van2017 we just got into abs trying to start up here in Atlanta GA with two Sprinter vans. We definitely could use some help when it comes to getting a dispatcher that can find us loads. The vans are 14ft and can carry up to 7500lbs
A van that can legally carry 7,500#??? You are so full of it! So you are saying that your van weighs 2,500# empty, to give you a 10,000 gvw??? Yea, right!!!

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
So in reality your box van weights 7500 pounds and you can carry 2500 pounds.
You have it backwards. He was saying that he can carry 7,500#...so that means if it is a 10,000 gvw van, the van weighs 2,500# empty, right? My Grand Marquis weighs that...lol

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In my boredom I occasionally do a sylectus search for available vehicles in my area and have seen the elusive 7500lb capacity sprinter, there is no way for me to see what company runs it but if they are going to carry that much weight in a van there is no reason to carry insurance.

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
In my boredom I occasionally do a sylectus search for available vehicles in my area and have seen the elusive 7500lb capacity sprinter, there is no way for me to see what company runs it but if they are going to carry that much weight in a van there is no reason to carry insurance.
People and carriers practicing stupidity such as carrying or allowing that much weight are the ones who are going to get us all regulated in one way or another.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Can you take a 06 Sprinter 158? What are your minimum requirements to get started?

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I didn't know that you could buy a cab chassis cargo van with single rear wheels. Seems like that would help fuel economy.