Looking to be owner but not operator

Warrior

New Recruit
Fleet Manager
I run a fleet, and I can tell you that there is a small window of opportunity for a van, and a solo at that. The money to be made is running the Northeast, specifically NYC. If you get a van, put a solo driver in it, and lease with someone, FedEx in particular, who has loads going into the NYC at good rates. They usually run from the airport, or distribution centers in NJ or PA to the boroughs and you can generate $500 to $800 per load. 90% of people will not do this type of work, they all want the home run load to midwest or west coast, but then again, that is why the market is saturated with those who believe the advertisements that there is big money with van freight. Refrigerated is best, and you are actually probably better off buying a slightly used expedite van, already completed, then just an empty van. Unfortunately, there are plenty of people who tried and now changed their mind. Purchase the right equipment, and you have a shot at this. If nobody has told you yet, drivers are the key. Good drivers with bad habits, will destroy your van, and all your profits.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Makes sense I’m in no big hurry, I was just looking for another stream of income. Sounds like if I do venture into this I will have to keep it local. Soon my big greenhouse will be complete, so I can run local and haul produce up to stlouis. I just been thinking with the new Canada Mexico trade agreement, as well as the economy booming, I was hoping that the freight would pickup. I guess we will sit back and watch for the right tome to jump.

Who told you the economy was booming, mainstream news sources?