Looking For Sprinter Van Loads "Please Help"

alijacup30

Rookie Expediter
Looking For Sprinter Van Loads "Please Help"

I am a dispatcher for a small trucking company here in GA, i am looking to buy a Sprinter Van but i am not sure how to find loads for Sprinter Van, if some one know how to search for Sprinter Van please let me know please, i call some trucking company who work with Sprinter Van but they don't want to help. I know about Sylectus but they want 10 or more trucks or van and i don;t have 10 vans or trucks in my fleet.
I am using TruckersEdge.net and Truckstop.com to search for loads for my Van 53.

Thanks

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Almost nobody will be giving up $printer loads.
If you have $printer loads, buy a $printer.
Don't buy a $printer, and THEN look for loads.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The only reason I'm getting loads for my van is because I'm contracted to an outfit. If I had to find loads for myself, it would be all ends even here in the Chicago area. The place is saturated with CVs and Sprinters, trying to wildcat here would be a sure way to go broke.

zeppelin

Active Expediter
Try signing on with a National Expediter. MP Logistics out of St. Charles IL would be glad to talk with you I'm sure. 800-983-2869

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Before you buy that $printer spend about 1/2 a day reading everything that has been posted on this sight in the last 60 days.

Will you be able to afford that $printer working a few days a week ? Maybe less ?

If so, go for it.
Intelligent, knowledgeable $printer drivers ( seasoned veterans) are having trouble staying as busy as you want to.

The days of build it and they will come are over. :(

Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Try signing on with a National Expediter. MP Logistics out of St. Charles IL would be glad to talk with you I'm sure. 800-983-2869

I wouldn't sign on with them without looking for complaints or a company that would be a better fit for someone trying to learn the industry. I've never heard of them which doesn't make them bad but it would be a big red flag on whether or not you will get paid what you are owed. Some of these smaller companies don't have the freight base or personnel to help someone that is getting started.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Before you buy that $printer spend about 1/2 a day reading everything that has been posted on this sight in the last 60 days.

Will you be able to afford that $printer working a few days a week ? Maybe less ?

If so, go for it.
Intelligent, knowledgeable $printer drivers ( seasoned veterans) are having trouble staying as busy as you want to.

The days of build it and they will come are over. :(

Hopefully they take the advice.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

zorry

Veteran Expediter
It seems pretty common lately to start your first post:,

Hey, this is my first post. I just bought a $printer, now what do I do ?? :eek:

I'd like to hear back from those guys 30,60,and 90 days out.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hey, this is my first post. I just bought a $printer, now what do I do ?? :eek:
Brabus-Mercedes-Benz-Sprinter-V8-26.jpg

jimlookup

Seasoned Expediter
MP is allright. They pay .90 for CVs and .95 for sprinters and mail you a check every Fri. if your paper work is in. They have a lot of dedicated OOs and also do the "multi" thing. They seem to have enough freight to keep everyone satisfied, if not, happy. They have 4 or 5 dispatchers on their pay roll.
Because they require OOs to have their own insurance, they have a big problem (keeping and getting OOs) in their future. They'll probably have to come up with some kind of blanket policy if they are big enough to afford one. A lot of brokers and small carriers will have this problem. I can't see many independent Cvers and Sprinterers coming up with $800 a month for insurance they paid $300 for six months ago. That raise is a weeks pay for many of them.
Regarding the thread: The rising costs of veichles, maintainence, repairs, insurance, fuel, communication and road living expences, along with stagnet or declining rates, kind of stacks the deck against any independent or startup operation. If you are going to find your own loads you should have trucking authority to be legal.
Suggestions: There is a growing trend in affluent areas to order groceries over the phone. With a little refrigeration in your truck you may be able to profit from this growing trend. Think about local deliverys for locai manufacturing. Larger printing companny always have a lot of local ltl. Kiss the right butt in the shipping dept. and you might get some loads. Good Luck

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Sprinter freight was great when I bought mine in 2007, and went downhill not long after. There's a reason the Sprinter has since been sold and I'm now driving a desk.

alijacup30

Rookie Expediter
douse any one know about " Load One & Transportation and Logistics, what up with them are they broker & transportation company.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
John probably would like more $printers and vans.
The problem is every $printer or van comes with a $printer or van driver. :)