Looking for solo O/O suggestions

BCastle

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
30+ year driver here but new to the straight truck expediter game. I've looked online for pay and miles info but mostly finding recruiters posting their big sales pitch. I've been around enough to know that recruiters don't know how the company is really run.
There seems to be very little info on real drivers opinions on these companies unless they have an axe to grind.
I'm looking for suggestions on which company is best for solo o/o. I'm considering Landstar Express and Panther. Is there a better company to consider? Just an honest take would be great! TIA!

Reactions: tmoll

tmoll

New Recruit
Researching
I would like to know this as well. I am looking at panther & load 1. But would it be more profitable if I ran a straight solo or van? Can I run solo in a straight truck with them?

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
30+ year driver here but new to the straight truck expediter game. I've looked online for pay and miles info but mostly finding recruiters posting their big sales pitch. I've been around enough to know that recruiters don't know how the company is really run.
There seems to be very little info on real drivers opinions on these companies unless they have an axe to grind.
I'm looking for suggestions on which company is best for solo o/o. I'm considering Landstar Express and Panther. Is there a better company to consider? Just an honest take would be great! TIA!
If you are a motivated self starter with a good business sense, Landstar Express is a great place to be. If you need or prefer to be dispatched, choose another carrier.
As for pay and miles, at Landstar Express, it really depends on you. I can't speak about Panther, never leased on there.
Best of luck.

BTW, I run solo at Landstar Express. No issues.

Reactions: BCastle

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Landstar is broker network system so you might get good and bad brokers there. You should get a email list of all the broker/agents. take and make a email introducing your self and the information on the weight limit and number of pallets you can haul.

While most of the other companies have a central dispatch office. And will see your information next to your name.

Reactions: ttaffy and BCastle