Looking for Narrow & Long Box for Cargo Van cab chassis.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Similar to this in width of box. 75 " wide on inside.
Looking for Narrow long and tall. 16ft longest I could go to stay under 10,000 lbs?

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So they will custom build to your dimensions? Which box manufacturer would be the lightest, best quality while being economical?

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Similar to this in width of box. 75 " wide on inside.
Looking for Narrow long and tall. 16ft longest I could go to stay under 10,000 lbs?

You are aware that a cargo box size has absolutely nothing to do with the vehicles gvw rating, right?...

So many try to create a van straight truck, so to speak, expecting straight truck rates, only to show up to a shipper, who is unpleasantly surprised and p.o'd that a van showed up instead of the straight he asked for...there may be reasons why he asked for a straight truck..I've seen it happen, only to turn that van away, mad as a wet hen, ripping the company he called a new butthole..

Just keep a van a van, and straight trucks straight trucks...

Last edited:
Reactions: danthewolf00

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Screenshot_20220121-002348_Chrome.jpgImagine showing up in this with no customer complaints. They wouldn't offer a cab chassis Transit Promaster or Sprinter if that was the case. I need maximum cargo space and have outgrown my 158 wb and need to look at possible options. I like what Volens and Synergy are doing bringing new ideas to the table.

Last edited:

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh, it is sweet, going as far as to be referred to as spank material...lol

However, there is no way that is under 10k gvw...

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well the weight issue would be fine given a cab chassis is 4700 lbs, box is 1000-1200. Roof Sleeper and extra cab I was planning would put it around 7000 giving me 3000 lbs for the load. The main issue is the price, Synergy Upfit quoted $13500 for their lightweight box 14 ft. Plus $5500 on the sleeper which I think will go down once these are mass produced or more competition as I was expecting pricing in $3-4k range. I found a extra cab for $3300 which is a good deal. None of these prices include installation to my knowledge. So even if I bought a used 2015 cab chassis I'd still be in over 50k on the build which is too much to spend in today's current market.

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well the weight issue would be fine given a cab chassis is 4700 lbs, box is 1000-1200. Roof Sleeper and extra cab I was planning would put it around 7000 giving me 3000 lbs for the load. The main issue is the price, Synergy Upfit quoted $13500 for their lightweight box 14 ft. Plus $5500 on the sleeper which I think will go down once these are mass produced or more competition as I was expecting pricing in $3-4k range. I found a extra cab for $3300 which is a good deal. None of these prices include installation to my knowledge. So even if I bought a used 2015 cab chassis I'd still be in over 50k on the build which is too much to spend in today's current market.
19 grand for a habitrail sleeper ?? And a canvas side so called box? Absolutely ludicrous! Yes, it is a volatile van market right now. Unpredictable. Especially the way this country is going. I can't encourage enough to get and stay out of debt as quickly as possible. And used vehicles are through the roof right now because new vehicles are scarce. Try and find a under 10,000 gvw cutaway. Good luck! There was a 2018 transit drw, 14' box under 10k gvw with 15k miles that sold in 3 days gorgeous! $53,000. Glad I bought my replacement when I did last year. I know I can sell it for quite a bit more right now if I wanted to get out of the business.

Last edited:
Reactions: T270_Dreamin

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Saw a transit last week in the east bay on the 580 with one of these boxes. Looked very nice and wasn't too wide. Few inches wider then cab on each side.

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Saw a transit last week in the east bay on the 580 with one of these boxes. Looked very nice and wasn't too wide. Few inches wider then cab on each side.

So why don't you want a wider than usual body on a Transit? Why limit yourself ? A Hackney body? That's a beverage body. Didn't you used to drive a straight truck?

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So why don't you want a wider than usual body on a Transit? Why limit yourself ? A Hackney body? That's a beverage body. Didn't you used to drive a straight truck?
Like the other user said narrow for city streets and also everything pretty much keep it like a regular Sprinter just taller and a square box as opposed to curved walls so essentially more cubic ft and use-able space.

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Really? Lol....it's not like all expedited freight goes into small east coast towns. If school busses driven by ladies can navigate through those skinny roads on a daily basis, a driver driving a cutaway with a wider box on it shouldn't have no problem. But, seeing how many vans out here that have side damage to them, maybe a cutaway is a challenge for some....lol..

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's just personal preference. If I was going to go wider I would just get a straight tuck and do the standard size box.