Looking for Advice

TJ_Mikii

Active Expediter
Hello everyone, I have been out of the trucking business for a couple years, was with Landstar with T/T. I'm new to the expedite trucking and have a few questions. I'm looking at a 2000 model KW T300 and was wondering about any GOOD companies out there that will lease this age of a truck. Wife is going with me this time and plans on getting her CDL. I have had several people tell me that Expedite is the way to go...that there is a decent living to be made. Would like to hear some input. Thank you for any advice that you can give me.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
You may run into an issue where companies will want more recent experience and the larger carriers that do take new people will want a newer truck. Have you talked to any companies yet?

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

TJ_Mikii

Active Expediter
I've only talked to Landstar, waiting on reply from them. I have verifiable experience driving for someone, I myself have not owned a truck for awhile.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Some companies will allow older equipment if it passes thier safety and mechanical inspection.

Bob Wolf.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I've only talked to Landstar, waiting on reply from them. I have verifiable experience driving for someone, I myself have not owned a truck for awhile.

You can have years of experience but being off the road for a couple years can make a difference. I believe Landstar will take older equipment, they do require experience, 1 year experience in the last 3 years or 3 in the last 10.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
It's mostly recommended to drive for a fleet owner for a year or so before buying your own truck . Most contracts will give you 60% of the gross . You buy the fuel and get 100% of the FSC .

BigBadBill

Active Expediter
We have been running TT and our contracts are calling for more and more van and straight that we turn down so we are adding these come January. While my insurance is picky we have been able to get the right person that has limited current experience approved. We pay 85-87% of the gross.

barbara6410

Expert Expediter
BIGBAd Bill.......Are you still looking for drivers?

Sent from my SCH-R760 using EO Forums mobile app