looking for a good company

G

i'm in the process of buying a tractor-trailer and i was looking for some good input on a decent expedite company or is there such a thing and i thank you in advance for your responses by the way i live in detroit and plan on running team

G

hello! john i talked to a couple of drivers 4 phanter they say there doing very well driving class e they say they make 1.30 to 1.85 per mile and they stay busy hope this helps you

G

Class e-trucks - I would say these companies in this order:

Roberts
Conway Now
Panther II

G

have a company for you to check out. they are a new branch of an old company. H.E.L.P. (hollingsworth expidite lane partner) only about 2 month old, thougth they are part a the e.l. hollingsworth family they are working on growing as fast as possible. but as of now they have not much need for a team. they are signing owner op's, they dispatch is being handled out of there flint office now but will be moving to dearborn soon. you can see more on them at www.hollingsworthgroup.com or call at 877-435-7595.

G

Check out landstar,,,,,,,,I hear they pay 1;65 mile.Im in the proccess of checking them myself.

G

I don't know who told you landstar pays $1.65/mile. It's usually $1.15 and up (although van freight is cheaper yet). We have had some that paid over $2.00/mile, but it's not the norm.

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
I would agree, Check Landstar. We just started accepting E units. I have heard they have been busier than Bill Clinton in a brothel! One added bonus. You can go to Inway, Ranger or Ligon and haul truckload freight between express runs. An E unit here shouldnt never have to sit.

G

stay away from landstar, they can't keep the trucks running that they have see joe roman forum about most of there drivers going broke. besides why would you drive for 60% of gross when all the other companies within landstar pay 75%

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
Its a different world for the tractor trailers. When it is slow you can get truckload shipments from the sister companies. With a tractor trailer you can actually still make a living at Landstar.

G

Express-1 out of MI pays the best of anyone. They pay $2.17 loaded for E-loads. A friend of mine drives for them and even though they are not loaded as much as the bigger companies the pay still is so much better.

G

Hi, I'm new here. But I agree with Wild Bill. Landstar. I am with LEA now but I was with Inway for almost 2 yrs. With an 18 wheeler you'll always have more options for freight. If you have a laptop you're ready to go. If you prefer expediting, you may be able to find the freight with the sister companies to get you in the better freight areas, plus get you home w/o much D/H.

richard

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
if you are looking for a good expedite company you should
give R Express a call they have freight and pay in 24 hrs.
ask for chuck
(815)963-3994