Looking for a foot in the door with vehicle assembly plants and rental car companies.

MCT Kentucky

New Recruit
Fleet Manager
Hello Everyone,

I am working with a friend’s company to expand and acquire new business in the car hauling industry. I’m hoping to make some connections in the car hauling industry, and get any leads or contact info for manufacturing plants and rental car companies in the US.

Background on the company. The company is well established and has been in business for 8 years. We have a fleet of 8 trucks, 4 company owned and 4 owner-operator trucks. All of our trucks are using new equipment with the oldest model being a 2018. All are strap style, 9 car hauler trailers. Our company is ready to grow and our goal this year is to apply and onboard as a finished vehicle carrier, or a backup carrier for vehicle assembly plants. All we need is an introduction or a foot in the door.

My professional background is in Lean, Continuous Improvement Management, and Operations Management in appliance manufacturing. My background benefits me in this sales focused role because I can speak the manufacturing shop floor lingo and offer auto manufactures “a positive impact to your KPIs and Metrics”, “eliminate waste”, “Safety Quality Delivery Cost”, etc. However reaching the right person or even the right department has been challenging.

I am trying to reach Finished Vehicle Logistics and Shipping managers/departments at US auto manufacturing facilities and rental car companies to introduce our company and begin their application and onboarding processes. As you are aware, the contact info for those departments is next to impossible to find online. Does anyone in this forum have any leads or relevant contact information you can share? I will be happy to pay it forward and provide any professional support and networking I can.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hello Everyone,

I am working with a friend’s company to expand and acquire new business in the car hauling industry. I’m hoping to make some connections in the car hauling industry, and get any leads or contact info for manufacturing plants and rental car companies in the US.

Background on the company. The company is well established and has been in business for 8 years. We have a fleet of 8 trucks, 4 company owned and 4 owner-operator trucks. All of our trucks are using new equipment with the oldest model being a 2018. All are strap style, 9 car hauler trailers. Our company is ready to grow and our goal this year is to apply and onboard as a finished vehicle carrier, or a backup carrier for vehicle assembly plants. All we need is an introduction or a foot in the door.

My professional background is in Lean, Continuous Improvement Management, and Operations Management in appliance manufacturing. My background benefits me in this sales focused role because I can speak the manufacturing shop floor lingo and offer auto manufactures “a positive impact to your KPIs and Metrics”, “eliminate waste”, “Safety Quality Delivery Cost”, etc. However reaching the right person or even the right department has been challenging.

I am trying to reach Finished Vehicle Logistics and Shipping managers/departments at US auto manufacturing facilities and rental car companies to introduce our company and begin their application and onboarding processes. As you are aware, the contact info for those departments is next to impossible to find online. Does anyone in this forum have any leads or relevant contact information you can share? I will be happy to pay it forward and provide any professional support and networking I can.
You might want to check with the guys on The Truckers Report. There is an entire section devoted to car hauling. This board is basically emergency freight.
Good luck.

Reactions: 96to22 and Turtle