Looking for a Broker

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
This is really a funny business. You have guys running their butts off and you never hear anything negative, and the other half is going broke. Must be something in the way they are running their business.;)

Well...imagine that! AND.... being a competitive business and all.. the successful ones don't always share everything they know. I guess there is something to OVM's talk about the learning curve taking a turn through the pocketbook after all.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey Gregg336, try 1400 a couple of times and it didn't hurt the pocket book that bad, but then again I wanted to go home. Freight got so slow I made a decision that it was cheaper to DH home then take a chance of another week of no freight because people were running for .80 or less to get out of that area.

I looked at how much it would cost spending 5 more days and I figured that going home and starting over was better.

Now it's still slow but its a hell of a lot cheaper eating at home and sleeping there then either in the van or hotel room.

Yes, I'm new and learning the ropes, but I never blame a company I work thru if I don't make money, I look in the mirror, like you should. You have 4 years in expediting and you are still having problems with who you pull thru, look in the mirror and you like me will find the problem.

TheGoodPrice

Active Expediter
Wow I've hadnt run as good since 05 or 06. I'm having a great year. I have not set more than a day in a while. Carriers are going to make money also. I don't take much cheap freight unless in a bad area, or headed home. Then I ask for Multiple LTL instead of expedite. Then it adds up. However I'm with a small carrier that's been in business since 1997. Expediters grip so much. I like it but its not always a money maker week to week. Money maker over a years time if you run it as a business. Meaning not every penny you make is yours. If you don't invest in your business, you will not make it. If not quit, more freight for me....LOL

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App