Looking for a better carrier

RoadHouse

Active Expediter
What really concerns me about this recruiter is his reluctance to divulge the name of the carrier he is recruiting for. He doesn't even have that information on his profile. I would not give my email address out to a supposed recruiter who is purposely withholding the name of the carrier he is in business with. Perhaps there are a lot of drivers out there that have been burned by this carrier; or better yet, this poster isn't even a real recruiter. I'd love to know what company out there is begging for more drives in January. We already read what Murray posted about there being half the loads right now with twice the amount of available trucks. Who in their right mind could possibly be recruiting cargo vans right now? lol

logisticscom

Not a Member
I spent five profitable years with Load-1 and decided to come off the road due to bad health. I would highly suggest them to anyone regardless of equipment. With Load-1 they keep you running with good paying loads versus all the others which give you low paying loads but plenty of miles to make your money. The staff there is the best in the business, your settlements are correct, dispatch is excellent and the owner truly cares about his employees, owner operators and drivers. If I ever had to go back on the road, Load-1 would get my call!!!

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Howdy! I work for an expedite company who is recruiting cargo / sprinter van drivers daily. If you have an email address you'd like to share with me I would be happy to send you some info.

Recruiting and actually signing on a driver
are entirely different animals , the man may be recruiting a long time and not signing on a single driver if their package is nfg !!
Job security at it's finest if h signs a driver a day it's got to stop sometime and he's out of a job because they won't need his expertise and persuasive qualities any longer
He might as well become a driver himself at that point....

Last edited:

Prinmin

Active Expediter
I spent five profitable years with Load-1 and decided to come off the road due to bad health. I would highly suggest them to anyone regardless of equipment. With Load-1 they keep you running with good paying loads versus all the others which give you low paying loads but plenty of miles to make your money. The staff there is the best in the business, your settlements are correct, dispatch is excellent and the owner truly cares about his employees, owner operators and drivers. If I ever had to go back on the road, Load-1 would get my call!!!
I would be interested in learning more about Load 1. Are they still as you say, "The Best in the Business."
Thanks!

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would be interested in learning more about Load 1. Are they still as you say, "The Best in the Business."
Thanks!

I like to think so, I've been here for 4 years. Everything has its ups and downs, but I've always felt that John and the rest of the management team have our backs.

1expeditor

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's been been quite a while since I quit driving for peanuts, so of course, my question was not where I can find carriers that pay 60-70 cpm. Nor 80. And yes, to bad that Load 1 doesn't take Sprinters anymore... been trying to get there since Nov '13...
I was with Load1 for about 2yrs and I must say being in the business for 15yrs by
far Load-1 is one of the best companies in the crazy world of expediting it may take
awhile for you to sign on with them they do have a waiting list I got out of this business
to spend more time with my kids but if I ever got back in into expediting I would come
back with Load1 John Elliot cares for the drivers and he is 1st class just my opinion.. expediting
is like the weather you never know from 1 day to the next what its going to be like...;)

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have been with 2 great carriers over the last 14 yrs. Landstar Express America and now Load 1. Both of these companies are 1a and 1b in my book. If you want to count Ceva they fit in their too and add 2 more years experience.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I haven't read all the posts so some or all of this may have been covered. With a very few exceptions there is no "better carrier". There are carriers with different warts than the current carrier but that's all, just different warts. For most it's a matter of finding the carrier whose warts are best tolerated. Now, as to exceptions, Load-1 is a top shelf carrier. John Elliott is a stand up guy and holds his company to stand up guy standards. That makes a world of difference. I suspect they may have a wart or three as I don't believe any carrier is wart free but I bet theirs are much smaller than usual and more easily tolerated. Landstar is another that is probably somewhat of an exception. Panther has done quite a bit over the last few years that may have them in the neighborhood as well. Good luck.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I am blushing..... :JC_ThankYou:

a691431d73b10a41d04c83ee802437e9dd289abd0077fb77d8c1a3c28e479e12.jpg

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
In a generalized way most established carriers are good.....as Leo said...its the warts you can live with....most take a different route to the bottomline and the $$$ end up being almost the same....it comes down to working environment and mutual co-operation between the parties.....

dreammaker52

New Recruit
Driver
So in your expertise who would you choose to work for ? I've read all the remarks and I agree cold heartily its about the money !We got with Try Hours and its about the miles and trust me they don't run you ! Your lucky if you run two loads a week 2000 miles... And if its Monday you'll r7n till Friday then sit the weekend it really suxs you can't make no more than 1100 a week with a team .

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
So in your expertise who would you choose to work for ? I've read all the remarks and I agree cold heartily its about the money !We got with Try Hours and its about the miles and trust me they don't run you ! Your lucky if you run two loads a week 2000 miles... And if its Monday you'll r7n till Friday then sit the weekend it really suxs you can't make no more than 1100 a week with a team .
all depends on your expectations and what YOU think expedite is all about and how loads come to be....OVER expectations are a brain freeze....the industry can only put out what the shippers put into the system...and IF you are not in the right spot, at the right time, with the right truck....U R going to sit....

bigdogg

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am brand new and on with a carrier that has given me about 4000 miles the first month at 80 cents a mile, but with almost 3200 deadhead miles getting back out of Laredo and California. I am told I have to have 6 months experience under my belt before Landstar will talk to me. How do I stay out here with a new van payment if I cannot get on with someone who can land bids on jobs. I am willing to stay out months at a time without going home, but with a company that can give me more than 1000 miles a week. Landstar is where I want to end up at. With the computerized load board, I feel that takes out one less variable in the business. I can't see how 6 months of trying to keep my head above water with this carrier is going to make me a better or more dedicated driver for Landstar. I would like to make money for both of us right now.

Reactions: Ftransit and Mailer

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I How long are you giving it before deadheading out of areas?

Landstar adds a whole new dynamic not suited to everyone and that's relationship building. I think they may also require a hazmat but others will know better

bigdogg

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I How long are you giving it before deadheading out of areas?

Landstar adds a whole new dynamic not suited to everyone and that's relationship building. I think they may also require a hazmat but others will know better
Two to three days, even lowering my rates to get out of Laredo. I am just looking for someone who will not keep putting me back in Laredo or California, then not being able to get me out. I would like to run on the east coast, but not given any opportunity to do so. Just wait and then get a load out west, then deadhead back to the Mississippi river.