Looking for 24ft or 26ft straight trucks to buy

marrerotrucking

Rookie Expediter
Hello if you have a straight truckfor sale that is 24 or 26 ft please let me know i am looking for multiple truck max budget per truck is 13k these brands only mitsubishi fuso, hino , international 4300 with dt466 engine. Also has to be air brakes or misc and under 26k lb. Thank you

Sent from my SPH-L900 using EO Forums mobile app

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
Hello if you have a straight truckfor sale that is 24 or 26 ft please let me know i am looking for multiple truck max budget per truck is 13k these brands only mitsubishi fuso, hino , international 4300 with dt466 engine. Also has to be air brakes or misc and under 26k lb. Thank you

You might want to rethink your budget or truck choice, what years are you looking for

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Why only those brands? How many trucks are you looking to buy?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

marrerotrucking

Rookie Expediter
I perfer those brands since they are really reliable in my experience and i am looking for 5 currently. Penske really only carry international mostly and as for year for mitsubishi and hino from 2001 to 2004 and international 04 and up

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm giving you this from first hand experience I'm not trying to scare you off.
You will be hard pressed to find a 2004 and up International with a DT 466 for 13,000 that is not ready for the crusher, major work, or has so many miles on it that they nickel and dime you to death. I would start shopping around $25,000 $30,000 that will put the mileage in the 200,000 250,000 range.

I follow a strict maintenance squeduel at best most trucks will need injectors, and valve adjustment / setup by 200,000 - 250,000 miles also an updateded oil deflector / wire harness assembly a design change as I found out first hand that the older style deflectors are no longer available and nothing aftermarket. Cost? $4,000.00 to the shop depending on how good the maintenance and any other issues. If the truck has a ton of miles on it and the valves have never been touched add in the cost of a head rebuild and possibly lifters and pushrods.

An Allison 2,000 transmission is intact for 300,000 at best 350,000 to R&R the transmission another 4 grand, front axle kingpins bore and sleave $3,000 rear leaf springs $2500-$3,000..... I guess what I'm saying is if you don't want to go broke paying for repairs and loosing face with customers spend the extra money for a decent truck.

Consider this. You pick up a load and you break down or get pulled out of service from a bad D.O.T. inspection. Not only do you pay for the wrecker and the repair, possibly a fine, you don't get paid. Your pay goes to the carrier who makes the delivery. If the bill more than what you're pulling it for you pay the difference as well, and it doesn't matter if its more than you quoted the job at its business. Remember the customer wants their freight delivered they don't care if you broke down.
My non CDL truck started its life off as a rental. Also if you are planning on doing any regional or O.T.R. work that keeps you out overnight you need a sleeper. I know guys that received that ticket and that fine is very expensive.

Good luck
Bob Wolf

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
He might be doing local stuff.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

marrerotrucking

Rookie Expediter
Yes that correct i onpy run 70 miles a day and on top of that my father is my mechanic so that why i am able to pull it off for example i just bought a international 4300 from boston for 4k and its on really good condition all i had to change where the injector and i am running it everyday it runs like a champ now.

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
You might consider looking in southern Indiana, Indiana auto and rv publication but I still think your expectations are a bit night and your truck choice a bit odd even for local work, isuzu cabovers make great local trucks IMO

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You might be OK if doing local work just be mindful of how many miles and total hours are on the E.C.M. Seen my share of guys who thought they bought them cheap only to dump several grand just to make them road worthy.

Bob Wolf.

techaholic

Rookie Expediter
Ryder and Penske have an abundance of them trucks and maintenance history to go with it. Oh and a free 6 month warranty through penske