Long road to a healthy me

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Think I'll add this even if I seen my primary Doctor last month

I totally forgot to check back in with my health update from my Nov. 5th doctors appointment. Here is the update.

When I showed up at the VA I had to do lab work, which is just them taking my blood. From there I wait for Doctor appointment which is about 3 hours, that is so tests can be run and she has my results. Now this is where the news gets good.

Blood pressure has went down from a high of 140/85 down to 128/73 as if 12/7 BP 120/55

Blood Sugar was 99 now 84 which is great.

Weight down to about 190, as of Dec 7th about 186

Cholesterol number was about 190 or so, now down to 125

As you can see all the dietary changes and exercise routine has pretty well worked changing me from a heart attack walking (my nieces words) to a more healthy person. Here again are the pictures of me from super overweight to just a little overweight. I did miss my goal of 180 by thanksgiving but I got within 10 points of the goal. As of now I'm about 5 to 6 pounds away. Maybe by the new year.

Ftransit

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Great!!! Way to go, now I should join you...it is hard to eat right and exercise on the road!!!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
As you can see all the dietary changes and exercise routine has pretty well worked changing me from a heart attack walking (my nieces words) to a more healthy person. Here again are the pictures of me from super overweight to just a little overweight.

Just curious. As your health numbers have improved, what differences have you seen, if any, in your mobility, alertness behind the wheel, quality of sleep, ability to handle freight, etc.?

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Think I'll add this even if I seen my primary Doctor last month

I totally forgot to check back in with my health update from my Nov. 5th doctors appointment. Here is the update.

When I showed up at the VA I had to do lab work, which is just them taking my blood. From there I wait for Doctor appointment which is about 3 hours, that is so tests can be run and she has my results. Now this is where the news gets good.

Blood pressure has went down from a high of 140/85 down to 128/73 as if 12/7 BP 120/55

Blood Sugar was 99 now 84 which is great.

Weight down to about 190, as of Dec 7th about 186

Cholesterol number was about 190 or so, now down to 125

As you can see all the dietary changes and exercise routine has pretty well worked changing me from a heart attack walking (my nieces words) to a more healthy person. Here again are the pictures of me from super overweight to just a little overweight. I did miss my goal of 180 by thanksgiving but I got within 10 points of the goal. As of now I'm about 5 to 6 pounds away. Maybe by the new year.

Congrats! That is great!

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just curious. As your health numbers have improved, what differences have you seen, if any, in your mobility, alertness behind the wheel, quality of sleep, ability to handle freight, etc.?

More energy. Can get around easier and workin g with freight is also easier. Driving I don't think anything has changed.

Went fishing for 9 days on a boat out of San Diego and this time I didn't need any help. So the change is 100% for the better

Reactions: Greg

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Great!!! Way to go, now I should join you...it is hard to eat right and exercise on the road!!!

Last year I would have said the same thing, but I've found out that even if you eat in the TS you can ask for grilled fish or chicken with steamed veggies. You can eat a healthy salad without the dressings we put in them. Vinaigrette or basaltic

ATeam

Retired Expediter
That's a GREAT success story, Kim! Congratulations! Well Done! I know you'll keep at it since fitness is not something you complete, it's a lifestyle you embrace.