Lodging

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
We use a system that has worked for us: First we start about 1630 because you have to make a bid prior to 1800 for same day reservations. We go to Hotwire.Com and find out what the going rate is for a 2*, then we go to Priceline.Com and bid $5-15 under the Hotwire rate. Priceline will let you know within 15 mins. whether it's accepted. If not accepted you back to Hotwire and book your room ( Hotwire generally gives a couple of hours at these quotes),

Of course when you buy it there's no refund and about a $6. charge from booking agent. We just stayed at a Fairfield Inn in the Plano TX area for $25 with Cont. breakfast, indoor pool,many ammenities,etc.

Let us know if there are better methods, sometimes it's better than deadheading home and a van gets cramped after a few days with 2 people, also at these rates you don't mind so much if you get a run.

God Bless

tughillrunner

Expert Expediter
i belong to several groups and when i stay at a hotel ask them
what discount is the best truckers discount, sam club, legion, ooida
aaa, aarp, and a couple of others, plus retired military and
stay on base for $8 and up depending were and time of year,
also there are couple of camp ground that will let trucks stay there to
b

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
We also use bases; however, when we really need a room it's the weekend and normally it's the worst time for space a.Army bases for the most part have gone higher than civilians, i.e. we just stayed at the Courtyard in Huntsville AL for about $35 and the Base lodging was almost $60.

Groups are also a great option but they are almost always higher than Priceline or Hotwire in the neighborhood of +$15-25. If your a member of Choice Hotels Club you can get a 2 hour late checkout.

God Bless