Loads you wouldn't take.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got a 2800 lb load one time, that I thought I could squeak by with even though my payload was 2650. You know, drive carefully, keep the tank at a half, little tricks like that. I get to the pick and they put both skids on, and the van is sitting on its rear bump stops. I check the paperwork, it doesn't have a weight listed. Off come both skids, they're weighed, 4450!!

With that, a $350 overnighter turns into a $75 TONU for a 70 mile round trip, and I end up back in bed by midnight.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
There's a ford or GM (I could've wrong) plant south of Nashville that I had the worst experience at. The lady behind the desk sat there doing her nails for 45 minutes with 4 people waiting. After she got done doing her nails, she asked for my paperwork, so I gave her all of it except my copy of the BOL (I figured she just wanted to check if I'm at the correct place). So she tells me to go and get unloaded and come back so she can sign my paperwork, no problem, right? Wrong. I go back to get my copy of the BOL signed and she just refuses to sign because she already did her job, except she didn't even print her name or tell me what her name was. I'll probably never take a load there again just because of how rude she was.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
That would be what used to be the Saturn plant. Been there, same thing!

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got a 2800 lb load one time, that I thought I could squeak by with even though my payload was 2650. You know, drive carefully, keep the tank at a half, little tricks like that. I get to the pick and they put both skids on, and the van is sitting on its rear bump stops. I check the paperwork, it doesn't have a weight listed. Off come both skids, they're weighed, 4450!!

With that, a $350 overnighter turns into a $75 TONU for a 70 mile round trip, and I end up back in bed by midnight.
yep Murray sent me to one pick...1 @ 2200lbs that grew to 3 @ 2200 lbs.....problem was that was 2200 lbs each....6600 lbs.....Sorry sir,..you are going to need a different truck..

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had to tell a dispatcher once that my payload was in pounds, not kilograms. She didn't know the difference until I walked her through the math

Reactions: dc843

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
I only turn down loads based on business not because of anything personal i have with a place, but since we are talking about places we hate going...

Detriot tools and machinery or something like that in Lebanon, MO the people in the offices there i guess either really like trying to push the bounds of vans or are stupid as hell. 1st time they said it was one skid turned out to be 4...they had to do some sketchy :censoredsign: to stack 2 of them....ended up taking it anyway decent miles. Second time they tried to put an oversized pallet in there way too wide for wheel wells, had to put it in sideways and use peices of wood to hold the ass end up to get forks under.

And gm assembly in wentzville, MO is the only place, me being in a van, have had to wait signifigantly to unload being at my appointment time.

There was another in st louis that loaded my van using a trailer dock in the sketchiest way ever which i thought was funny.

In essence, :censoredsign: missori