Load Range E Tire

dancorn

Veteran Expediter
Replaced a bad tire two weeks ago in Texas. The Mgr. told me that Load Range E tires would be discontinued by July and in the future I would have to do to Load Range G tires which were double the cost.
Googled the information and found nothing. Has anyone else heard of this?

Last edited:

Noname

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
My last tire purchases were not E, but now called C.
That's for a van size, don't know about other classes. And I have no idea why the designation was changed. Supposedly same qualities as E.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The C range tires seen on the new Transits etc are a European "Commercial" rating not the North American letter rating. The tires on a Transit are more in line with the NA "E" rating. If you are buying tires it's becoming more important to look at the actual weight rating printed on the tire since we seem to be all over the place with ratings now on vans (Euro not Euro etc). Also, never buy tires that the size starts with the letter P...like P245/75R16. These are Basically passenger car tires (even in the larger sizes) and are no good for any kind of commercial work.

Depending on the vehicle the OP has, there is a possibility the particular size or size/brand combination is undergoing some consolidation and the manufacturer has chosen to only make it in 1 load rating to simplify things (and chose the heavier rating). However...a "G" rated tire is pretty darn heavy.

What size dancorn?

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Here’s two for it, an E and a C on Tire Rack. Not much different between the E and commercial C load range.
IMG_1932.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Last edited: