Load opp notification by text message

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
We just had the load opp notification by text message option activated today.
Any opinions on using this feature?
Does it only notify you if you are showing available on C Link or will it send a text if you are available on the VRU also?
We have noticed that when we are in poor cell coverage area we sometimes miss a call and a possible load.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I wasn't aware we finally had this feature. Texts will go through in some areas where a phone call won't so it should reduce the amount of misses. I'm glad we're finally catching up to those carriers that are chasing us.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Is the load coming through ? Or just notification of a load after which you must call in or go to the truck ?

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
It's my understanding that it is just a notification that an opp has been sent to the C Link. You would then have to call in (Option 6) or go to the truck and check the C Link.
It has been available for quite awhile but we never used it.
To activate it just call your CC.

aimeejos

Active Expediter
You will receive the text MSG with every load opp wether available on c-link or not. Maybe I read one of the comments about missing calls wrong but if you don't have a cell signal to make or receive a call you won't have a signal for texting. Also Do you have unlimited texting? It could be costly at the end of the month if you dont...

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
We have unlimited texting and everything else too.
For some reason we will miss a call and only find out when we are alerted that we have a new voicemail. Then we rush to call into the system before it expires.
It seems that we get our text messages quickly, even when we have a poor cell signal.

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
We have had this since we started. You can also have the text sent to more than one phone. We have it sent to both our phones, as sometimes one of us (usually me:mad:), won't hear the text ringtone. When both phones go off at the same time, it is almost always a load opp.

Sometimes the C-link will go off before either of the phones, sometimes it's just the opposite. We have sometimes gotten the text message, and waited for more than 5 minutes before it comes through on the C-link! It is definitely a feature worth having.

Also, I don't think you will get a text if you are not available on the C-link. In that case you get the phone call with the load opp.

Text messages will often times go through when phone call will not. (At least on Verizon.) We can rarely, if ever, get a decent phone signal at home, but the kids could always text!

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
It's my understanding that it is just a notification that an opp has been sent to the C Link. You would then have to call in (Option 6) or go to the truck and check the C Link.
Yes, this is exactly how it works. It would be great if we could get the actual load opp sent to your phone in a text. Or even emailed.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, you shouldn't post as soon as you wake up. I guess I optimistically thought this was about a text message giving all the pertinent info, shipper and cons names and addresses, pieces, weight, HM y/n, dhpu, load mi., pay, pu time and del time. I thought we were talking about a system that caught up to the carriers chasing us. I get the you have a load offer messages, once in a great while even when I don't get the phone call when I'm avail on clink no as I always am.