Load One 2021

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Whew!!!! Night time tornado's scare the crap outta me. Remember sitting through one night time warning at Pontoon Beach J once. Heard the sirens and thought, how the hell is anyone supposed to see this if they are out? Spent about 20 mins huddled with the staff and a few drivers that woke up and came inside in the washroom (with the fire alarm going off?!?) while the building shook. Was happy to have a safe place to go, was even happier when I went outside and the truck was largely unscathed. It was just a small one...nothing compared to that monster down there.

Good to hear you are OK.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
The twister that hit perrysburg/rossford area a few years ago hit while I was right at the 75/23 interchange.....if I had gone north up 75 I more than likely would have died. I went home up 23 and went to bed....but woke up to see the damage on the tv.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I was once told that drivers were not allowed to use the men's restroom in the recruiting building...smh...it seems that someone stunk it up pretty bad before I went to use the restroom with the crapper door propped open,, and I got the blame for it...I mean, it was really bad, like a sulfuric toxic dead cat open sewer grate behind a Chinese restaurant dumpster kinda toxic..I never got a Qualcomm message, nor did anyone else stating that we could not use the restroom. An isolated incident, I guess...so, I try to avoid going to the yard, or inside the buildings at all.

Concerning the hours being reset over the refusal of a short run, I thought it was 200 mile runs and shorter we would not lose our position and hours if we did one, or our hours and position would not be affected if we said no to one..

I kinda gave up caring, actually....so sad. Don't get me wrong, it is still a great company, a company where a good driver can make a great living easily. But it has changed quite a bit from what it used to be....some changes good, some not so good...I guess it's just growing pains...the song comes to my mind in a funny kind of way...

"You've lost that loving feeling"...lol..

I'm probably going to be Goose after this post...lol..
I mean yeah.... how many companies do you text the CEO on a Sunday for the wifi password and he responds and texts the VP of I.T. to get it for you. Oh never mind... that was yesterday. SMH LOL.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Hmm, so our hours get reset for declining a 59 mile load? Hmmm, what other Memos have I missed

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

It is only a reset for a unit that is listed as a local unit, it should not apply for a road unit.

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Other than the time the plow truck caught on fire while I was plowing.....
At least there was snow to throw on it...lol

I remember when the Jaguar took like an hour to go from the main building to the maintenance/ recruiting building in the deep snow...

Reactions: jelliott

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Resizer_16396919609974.jpgResizer_16396919609973.jpg
Well, little by little, my Ford mechanic friend is getting to my van..

Attachments

• Resizer_16396919609972.jpg
    Resizer_16396919609972.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Resizer_16396919609971.jpg
    Resizer_16396919609971.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: jelliott and Turtle

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Total chaos at the yard over the weekend..total mayhem...lol..
A van parked in the marked "straight truck parking only" space, a bobtail parked in the marked " van parking only" space . .that was about it for amusement this weekend...lol..did watch a mouse running in circles in the parking lot...at 2 am...did buy a pork steak on Friday, with the rest of my groceries. Cooked it in the van...seasoned and cooked to perfection, tender and juicy.. Resizer_16405643178480.jpgResizer_16405643178481.jpg

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes, I've been away for a while.
I finally gave in and joined the Load 1 Face Book group :rolleyes:
I hate to admit it, but EO is just old, outdated, and dead. With only a few stragglers left and the occasional drop in person who doesn't stay long.
Even I, the dinosaur of technology, find EO way past its prime :(
If EO was a TV show, it would have been cancelled years ago :JC-hysterical:

I don't know how much effort I will put into checking in going forward, but wanted to give an update...
happy new year.jpg

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I tend to stick to myself, away from the group for a few reasons. I have enough B.S. in my life, I don't need to hear others, or add to my own B.S..

And yes, E.O. is pretty much a dead horse..for competition of social media, and brought upon by themselves as well.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Yeah the Facebook group has totally taken over and is way more active with a lot of people posting daily with info or questions and pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Transmission was acting kinda funny yesterday, so I changed the fluid and filter...added friction modifier to the fluid...I'll check the coil packs tomorrow to make sure that isn't the problem. Sometimes a bad coil pack can act like a slipping transmission as well .but it was long overdue for a service, with 102,000 miles since I last changed it..

Dropped the new spark plugs and coil packs (I love the MSD Blaster coil packs) off for the new van today. Hopefully that will be done mechanically sometime soon..Resizer_16414268942601.jpgResizer_16414341792242.jpgResizer_16414341792240.jpgResizer_16414341792241.jpg

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Apparently #2 coil.pack was not firing all the time, there was a dead spot in it, causing the misfire, giving the false slipping transmission feeling. So, we replaced all the coil packs and spark plugs, which had 178,000 miles on the plugs, and over 308,000 miles on the coil packs.
Resizer_16431640986190.jpgResizer_16431640986191.jpgResizer_16431640986192.jpg

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
That looks like a fun spot......
Yes, it is, but so much easier to work on the Econoline engine than a Transit, or any other new van, that doesn't have a removable inside engine cover. The Econolines are so easy to work on. It took him 1 hour to change the plugs and coil packs. Pretty impressive being as how the plugs are in a 4 inch deep cavity where you can't see the plugs. One thing to keep in mind is that not always will a bad coil pack throw a code, or a " service engine soon" light. See the engine analyzer graph, showing how cylinder 2 had a dead spot in it at certain rpms? Because it acted normal in certain rpms, it was fooling the engine computer into thinking everything was okay. Thats why it is important to not always rely on a code reader when troubleshooting an issue.

Last edited: