Load One 2021

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Where at in the lot?
Remember the bridge going to the maintenance building? Well, they improved that bridge. The new bobtail/ van parking is along that creek that the bridge goes over, going southward into where the woods were. The grass/barbecue/picnic area is from behind the bobtail side to the woods to behind the trailers in the original parking lot. It's like a shaded triangle with trees and landscaping. I see it as more of a parking area for unoccupied vans and bobtails. Curbs would be a great help for the bobtails as I have noticed some of those guys can't seem to figure out when to stop backing up to where the pavement ends, and have literally had their rear drive axle ( of the two) in the new grass...smh.. John also added a much appreciated water faucet outside next to the wash bay door. And reconfigured the inside faucet setup as well. Thank you, John!

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wow that looks nice! And someone did alot of work......walking to the bathroom looks like fun in the winter!
Yes, a typical morning "duck walk" to the restroom can be a challenge...to say the least....one reason why I don't park there overnight.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I strolled into Load 1 late last night. I guess it was the 1st time since the new parking area was added, or I didn't see it before.
I was looking, and looking, thinking I don't see anything new.

Then I found it. Very nice. I was amazed how many spots were added for Vans and Bobtails.
Thanks John :)

P.S. Got my shirt and headed home :cool:

View attachment 20808

Hopefully the picnic tables and grill and stuff will finally arrive soon!!!!

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wonder what a lighted outhouse would cost to have build with a composting system....

Very environmental of you
A regular Porta John (no pun intended ) would be nice.

What’s not shown in the picture is the 2 rows of parking across from each other that are labeled for van and bobtail only. Just a great addition. Never would of expected that to appear out of the woods. I also like the improved bridge with the railing to separate from traffic.

Now if we can only get the water pressure increased at the sink in the admin building, 1st floor men’s bathroom. While I’m on the topic of that bathroom. It really should have a privacy divider between the urinal and the sink for obvious sanitation reasons, besides the awkwardness of trying to wash your hands with low pressure water while someone is doing, you know what, right next to you But also just for privacy, anyone walking by when the door is opened gets a unobstructed view of the person using the urinal

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
The subject of the sink faucet issue has been brought up several times by a few in the past 10 years... I think it is that way to make an effort to save water, perhaps. I ( and others) just get a squirt of hand soap, go into the laundry room and wash my hands in that sink. Solves 2 issues. 1, the lack of faucet pressure is resolved, and 2, the awkwardness of trying to wash hands while someone is tinkling so close is avoided....but than the restroom door handle is now a breeding ground for germs...

Since we are the subject of expressing our concerns about things...lol..how about a wall mounted fan in the shower room ( facing the corner where the bench is) similar to what the Flying Pilots have? Those make a massive difference in a shower room. If not one of those would a stronger ceiling exhaust fan be more feasible? Mike Holmes ( HGTV) swears by the Panasonic brand for longevity and durability, and performance. That guy knows his poop! I once left a fan on the counter for others to use, but it grew legs...what was I thinking???...lol..

In the positive department, the truck wash works beautifully and the outside water faucet is appreciated!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is the power on at Load 1 after yesterday’s high wind storm? I didn’t fair to good. Most of Port Huron and the surrounding cities are without power. Mine went out at about 6:45pm yesterday.

As of 9:40 a.m. Thursday, DTE Energy reported that more than 77,100 customers were without power, with more than 1,000 crews in the field addressing outages.

This is actually a improvement from yesterday’s 85k out with 146 crews

Unlike my last outage caused by a tree branch taking out a wire. This is too massively spread out. I’ve already gone without power longer then last time, and a crew hasn’t even been scheduled yet.

Trying to save as much food as I can. Amazing how much food you can cram in a cube fridge when you really need to

The cube fridge being powered in the Sprinter. 2nd time in the last couple of months that fridge has saved my food.

Although, some will not be saved. As my freezer nears the end, not all food will make it. If it didn’t keep raining, I’d at least try to see if my portable generator (that I haven’t used in over 3 years would start). After the last time, you would of thought I would of had that ready

But really, in the last 8 years, I’ve had no power issues. And now twice in the last couple of months
It has been the worse weather here this year that I can remember. Between Tornadoes and violent storms, this is something I’m not used to seeing here.

Yesterday was fine, but the novelty of no power has quickly faded, as I’m going nuts with out power…

IMG_7333.JPG

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Update…Some good news..maybe.
Even through a crew hasn't been scheduled, they are now saying power should be restored by 10pm. I sure hope so

Reactions: jelliott

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After seeing some pictures of the mess the storm left around town. I'm more doubtful for power tonight. DTE is now hoping to have 60% of power restored by tonight, the remaining 40% by tomorrow night. At least 1 house fire reported.9784bb78-ad29-473e-a497-e25db0f04dbc-20210922_192530.jpeg2b746f69-c908-4ed6-b466-4214964a0fca-IMG_4218.jpeg6c0c49c5-908b-41d0-b8bc-709b7e2d458a-IMG_3465.jpeg229a850c-0ffb-4aa2-8cce-c393d4faa82b-20210922_151055.jpeg7ac84479-254d-43c0-8213-707ed9e3a3d1-20210923_storm_damage_0010.jpegPSX_20210923_114320.jpegScreenshot_20210923-114922.jpeg

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: jelliott

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
The subject of the sink faucet issue has been brought up several times by a few in the past 10 years... I think it is that way to make an effort to save water, perhaps. I ( and others) just get a squirt of hand soap, go into the laundry room and wash my hands in that sink. Solves 2 issues. 1, the lack of faucet pressure is resolved, and 2, the awkwardness of trying to wash hands while someone is tinkling so close is avoided....but than the restroom door handle is now a breeding ground for germs...

Since we are the subject of expressing our concerns about things...lol..how about a wall mounted fan in the shower room ( facing the corner where the bench is) similar to what the Flying Pilots have? Those make a massive difference in a shower room. If not one of those would a stronger ceiling exhaust fan be more feasible? Mike Holmes ( HGTV) swears by the Panasonic brand for longevity and durability, and performance. That guy knows his poop! I once left a fan on the counter for others to use, but it grew legs...what was I thinking???...lol..

In the positive department, the truck wash works beautifully and the outside water faucet is appreciated!

Faucet has been “modified” to increase water flow!!!! One item down and more to come!

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Is the power on at Load 1 after yesterday’s high wind storm? I didn’t fair to good. Most of Port Huron and the surrounding cities are without power. Mine went out at about 6:45pm yesterday.

As of 9:40 a.m. Thursday, DTE Energy reported that more than 77,100 customers were without power, with more than 1,000 crews in the field addressing outages.

This is actually a improvement from yesterday’s 85k out with 146 crews

Unlike my last outage caused by a tree branch taking out a wire. This is too massively spread out. I’ve already gone without power longer then last time, and a crew hasn’t even been scheduled yet.

Trying to save as much food as I can. Amazing how much food you can cram in a cube fridge when you really need to

The cube fridge being powered in the Sprinter. 2nd time in the last couple of months that fridge has saved my food.

Although, some will not be saved. As my freezer nears the end, not all food will make it. If it didn’t keep raining, I’d at least try to see if my portable generator (that I haven’t used in over 3 years would start). After the last time, you would of thought I would of had that ready

But really, in the last 8 years, I’ve had no power issues. And now twice in the last couple of months
It has been the worse weather here this year that I can remember. Between Tornadoes and violent storms, this is something I’m not used to seeing here.

Yesterday was fine, but the novelty of no power has quickly faded, as I’m going nuts with out power…

View attachment 20821

Yes we have full power. Main building also has a complete generator system but we didnt lose power.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

Reactions: Turtle and RoadTime