Load Board, competition will be fierce

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
Ready to compete for your loads? I imagine the competition will be fierce, since usually there's more trucks available than loads, in most centers in the Midwest and south. I'm going to keep track and see how my revenue compares to the system we have now. Should be interesting. I keep hearing from CC that we will love the load board. If the load volume is good, I will like it. Should be great in a robust economy. During a slow economy I think it will be brutal. No more less than 75 advantage to wait for a long run.

Be safe out there.

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
Is the load board going to be available for WG/Tval trucks to take also? I know it's surface freight, but is the board for those trucks only?

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
I think all trucks can look at surface expedite loads if you preference SE loads. You can call your CC to find out for sure. It might depend on dispatch, if they know they need a WG truck for the loads they have on the board. I think this new system will benefit CC dispatch, because they will be creating competition, and the loads they do have that usually people turn down, will get dispatched quicker. I'mjust hoping for is to stay busy, and not be beaten out of loads by a split second.

Reactions: butterfly610

Deville

Not a Member
One of my concerns is as a single how am I supposed to be watching the load board as I am driving. It seems to me that I will be missing out on runs since I am unable to drive and use the load board app at the same time.

From me, to you.

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
That's what I mean by the brutal part. You can set up a preference but you will have to pull over and stop, which takes time. In the mean time, somebody parked on a layover can beat you to it. The trial period only had about 7 trucks using this system, with not much competition. Then it will spring into action, with massive competition. Best of luck to us all.

flat

Rookie Expediter
as you know these loads are water down to bare bones. as they stated no matter what they charge or the customer is willing to pay you will only receive min, pay (FLAT RATE). as of now surface loads are offer out at % rate to W/G trucks but when you accept loads off of load board it is only paid at flat rate. so that means every load they can force on the load board they will including W/G loads they think they can sneak by with. I have been to many regular W/G customers who had non-W/G truck pickup without blankets & straps. I been contracted to buy my blankets & straps so a surface truck could do W/G loads. more or less we are company drivers without the company equipment. I guess the dispatchers will be force to bring their own phone & computer to work like we bring our owe equipment to run flat rate loads. its time we get 100% of fuel surcharge free c-link and load insurance since they are running our business . we are no longer contractors but employees

Reactions: Turtle

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
They may even be laying off some dispatchers at some point because eventually their goal is to have all their loads to be on the load board. That won't happen for awhile from what I heard. That what stated by Rick Franks of Contractor Sourcing. i just hope I can keep my income even for what I do now. Fingers crossed.

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
I have to say after using the load board since it started I prefer it much better than before it started. I've had no trouble getting loads that I want. I find there's plenty for me to choose from while I'm home on the east coast, I haven't tried it in any other region yet, but for the loads I'm seeing in other regions, the loads are there. Yes the best loads do go fast, but I'd don't mind competing since there's always another one. I'm glad they started this feature. I have more opportunities for sure.

Reactions: fatboy1 and Pro3500

Pro3500

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I agree, I have been busy from day one. I've had very little trouble finding a load. Some bugs to work out but all and all I like it. They said updates will take place this Monday (29th) It's having a hard time keeping track of available hours. Was told the program is tracking B units same way it will track straights and tractors. I was hired on to go back in a tractor but decided to see what happens with LB. I did loose a load today they said the other truck that excepted had more dwell time. Dwell time don't count on the LB. But they gave it to the other anyway. So I hope that's not going to happen regularly. I've been loaded every day since the launch and that's good.

Reactions: fatboy1

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Would be nice if they included for the Es D & C freight as well. Also put in the notes for Example (No Reefers Trailers) Save a lot of Heart Ache. In cases like that only the Dispatcher can see it. So Put that in the Notes and let E go down to D and C freight. Make a tool then lets all be able to use it. This is be big help lets say u got a death in the family ...,

Reactions: Pro3500

Pro3500

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm seeing "C" loads now, some I could certainly take according too size and weight. Could be dock high that would exclude me from it. I haven't tried to except one yet. I do like seeing what the pay is. I have that twitch that wants a straight truck but my frontal lobe says no.

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
I did accept a C load as a B unit but I wasn't awarded it and the reason was dock high unit needed. The dimensions of the freight and the weight fit in my van, but I guess the shipper and or receiver didn't have a ground level ramp.

Reactions: Pro3500

Pro3500

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
So it's been a few months hows the load board going? I'm still doing better than prior but it's starting to go backwards. The biggest problem I have is how many miles I can run on 18hr reset. Seems it's a constant changing rule.