Lift Axle - Best Manufacturer?

sweetbillebob

Seasoned Expediter
We are adding a 2nd truck, buying used. Currently a CR unit, changing to a DR unit. Our current DR unit has a Watson & Chalin w/25K bags. Looking for 20K bags, hoping to smooth out the ride a little. Hendrikson has their HLM-2 series in a 20K configuration.
Any feedback at all on Lift Axle vendors, ride issue solutions, etc. would be helpful.

Note: On our current unit I have added the Donval flow controls, played around quite a bit to get the right size. Also added the shock kit, and dropped air pressure to 90 in the tires. I also added quick exhaust valves between the Donval and the bag so I could get the axle up quickly. All this has helped. Still getting some chatter going over bumps with axle down minimal freight on board. This is just a sleep issue for the co-driver, not an issue that causes and performance problems.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Cant give ya any model numbers but I like and use to work on the Neway lift axles alot,,
Air down,,Spring up, Very easy to maintain.Ya can very easily change out all bushing,pads,springs,return arms & bearings in a matter of hours. Use shock cords in place of shock absobers.
If I rember right just2 or 3 grease points on return arms on each side. Maybe avaible in steerable for the driver that cant rember to lift it before turning the corner. Its been awhile now since I was turning a wrench for a living and not sure how much they have changed? In my mind for maintance reasons,,Well worth looking in to.