let me know what you think? am I being screwed?

rucan

Seasoned Expediter
Sounds like you're getting hosed there. I've never heard of a carrier not being able to tell you what the load pays. .

Thats what I was told...and it gets worse..Today I was fortunate to be a the same pick up ware house as a couple of other guys who work for the same company. We usually don't ever see eachother to talk because we are rarely in the same place.
Both of them were basically telling me that what is happening with me is the way the company runs things. The one who had been there longer told me.."you know what you make on the trips when you see your check and thats when Sh*t hits the fan"..

He says there is lots of arguing when guys get their checks because they believe they are underpaid and weren't told it was going to be that low of pay for the trips.

He also added that yes if we refuse a trip without a legitmate reason then we are suspended.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
no its in southwestern ontario. I take it from your post there is a company like this in Fort Wayne? I just want to know if this is normal or am I getting screwed. I am new to the board and to the business for the most part and I think I am learning the hardway maybe?

Without bashing any company by name, if you go to the job search website www.indeed.com, and search "expedite trucking" you'll find the company in Indiana..they run under several different names as their reputation proceeds them. Beware...

Last edited:

Darmstadter

Veteran Expediter
I'm sure it was good to run into some other drivers from that company. Hopefully, you exchanged contact info to be able to compare notes in the future.

If that is the way they run their operation, I wouldn't hold out much hope there. Even if you and a few other drivers raise a stink, they'll just find a different way to stick it to ya.

Hope things work out for ya.