Layover Options Crazziness

CCDriver

Active Expediter
On the last couple of arrivals We've been sent some really weird layover options. Load 1 dropping in Rancho Cordova CA (near Sacramento) They were paying around $300 in pay and $600 in fuel to go to Elk Grove Village IL.

Then on this load which incendentaly we deadheaded from El Paso Tx to go pick up in San Fernando Ca to del in Galveston TX. 824 mile deadhead 1618 loaded.

Well when we get it there and do an arrival surprise surprise $297.40 pay $534.11 in fuel surcharge to go to Ontario CA.

Crazy yes? Things that make you HMMMMMM. The load was 13,200 by the way the customer (not thrilled with Fed Ex CC) as they told them about said load 30 days in advance and wanted a 53' trailer someone dropped the ball there. But explained due to the weather they couldn't get a 53' footer there. WHAT????

Had an airbag go out on the tag axle and the opposite side tag tire lose a strip of tread expensive. And the airbag was a mother to find seems they rank up there with hens teeth.

GandJ

Active Expediter
These times sure keep it interesting. Lots of decisions to make to stay profitable.

Can you share any more info on the air bag?
How much was it and a part number or where they found it ?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
These times sure keep it interesting. Lots of decisions to make to stay profitable.

Has anyone noticed they make different decisions once they've moved from driver to owner ?
Loads that sucked as a driver now look better as an owner ? For various reasons. :)

zorry

Veteran Expediter
IRT, I'm sorry. No matter how much Abbott & Costello we study, we'll still never understand management. :)

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
On the last couple of arrivals We've been sent some really weird layover options. Load 1 dropping in Rancho Cordova CA (near Sacramento) They were paying around $300 in pay and $600 in fuel to go to Elk Grove Village IL.

Then on this load which incendentaly we deadheaded from El Paso Tx to go pick up in San Fernando Ca to del in Galveston TX. 824 mile deadhead 1618 loaded.

Well when we get it there and do an arrival surprise surprise $297.40 pay $534.11 in fuel surcharge to go to Ontario CA.

Crazy yes? Things that make you HMMMMMM. The load was 13,200 by the way the customer (not thrilled with Fed Ex CC) as they told them about said load 30 days in advance and wanted a 53' trailer someone dropped the ball there. But explained due to the weather they couldn't get a 53' footer there. WHAT????

Had an airbag go out on the tag axle and the opposite side tag tire lose a strip of tread expensive. And the airbag was a mother to find seems they rank up there with hens teeth.

We get those strange layovers too. Many times we have been 1/2 way on a very long lay over just to be called back to where we left!

I also understand about the airbag. MHC in Dallas and Kenworth Sales Company in Salt Lake, I think may not be Salt Lake, are the only 2 dealerships that keep our airbags in stock in the country. These are not the normal ones that KW uses and they have local customers that they keep them in stock for. Otherwise we'd be ordering and down for a few days if we loose one. :-(

CCDriver

Active Expediter

Can you share any more info on the air bag?
How much was it and a part number or where they found it ?

Was in El Paso when the airbag went in all that big city none to be found. Ogburn's Truck parts (210) 662 8848 701 Springfield Rd San Antonio TX 78219. The bag was around 200.00 and there was a truck repair place right next door put the bag on for 60.00. I didn't have the 60.00 in cash and the owner even let me mail it to him really nice guy. They have a lot of parts there and at reasonable prices I think. Inreresting note Petro of El Paso wasn't able to do anything but still charged 57.00 for the trouble.

Last edited: