Lay over time

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
I read in another post about the expected 'sitting time' involved with expedited. It was mentioned that one should find a hobby that would fit in the sleeper.
What are some of the things ya'll (solo drivers and teams) do to pass the time while waiting for that next load??

I"m a big civil war enthusiast.........if we were in an area where there were alot of sites to visit, battlefields, museums, etc. we'd take off and go venturing around......Gettysburg is GREAT!! :)
We'd try not to go to far, usually within 30 miles from where we were going to park for the day/night.
Another is NASCAR........if we were close and not under a load, we'd always take the time to tour the tracks and museums...........Richard Petty's museum in Randleman N.C. is a great little museum.......a must see for racing enthusiastics!!! :)

Before someone askes if we were Expeditors or tourists with a truck, we were both!! That's the great part of expediting, isn't it?? Work came first of course, but ya gotta get away from it occasionally, right?? :)

Life is short.................do what you can when you have the chance, see the sites when the opportunity presents itself..............if you don't, what are you going to have to talk about when you and your bride are sitting on the porch in your rocking chairs waiting for "the call up yonder".......:)

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ham radio, reading, sudoku puzzles, EO are all on my list.