Last time Diesel chased $5.00, did it impact the number of loads you delivered?

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Steve the discount at the TA isn't worth buying fuel there anymore. We have went to using the Flying J now that they take Com data. We have only been getting like .04 cent off at TA lately but the fuel is higher than the other truck stops. Why buy fuel .10 higher than everyone else and only get .04 of that price. You can go to the Flying J and get a discount that was set up by your carrier.

That's a great point that not to many look at. When I run in the south east I try to buy gas at Kroger food stores that have stations. It's hard for me to explain but a friends wife does the coupon thing really hard and she gives me the extra points. I usually get 10c off and it turns out to be about 20c less than the competition.
Back in 2004-05 the gas and fuel prices rose so fast the FSC could not keep up, so you ended loosing out because no one would increase the rates. That combination killed a lot of operators.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Dave,some of the TA's still give a big discount,not many,but there are a few.I don't like Pilot fuel,what your getting at the Flying J,besides,I get almost 1/2 mile gal better at TA,same at Petro.If your looking at discount,HESS gives the best discount

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
The IRS gives yo over 80% of $59 a day to eat,Why live on peanut butter?If I only msde enough money,that I couldn't afford to eat steak or lobster,I'd have to find something else to do

Just making an analogy. How about this then. Your mortgage is $1500 mine is a thousand it your health insurance us $300 a month and mine is free. It all comes down to what you need to make a profit. Less steak and lobster more maint. On the truck.

Your best bet, hire a vet! Please.