Large Cities

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We are from a very small town in sw Kansas, there was not even a stop light in the whole county, our nearest stop light was 45 miles away!! One of fears of driving cross country was the large cites an having to make an interstate change or even just try to stay on the interstate. Most of my driving is at night and that really helps but what has helped the most is have out GPS system. The GPS will tell us if the turn will be a right or left exit, and will start telling us about two miles before the exit. Sure has helped me stay a lot calmer and off of Bob's nerves. It even helps when there is a detour that takes you off the interstate as the GPS keeps wanting you to get back on track. That little GPS has been worth it weight in gold and then some.

dieselphreak2K

Expert Expediter
I love my GPS. CoPilot has saved my rear so many times I couldn't begin to count. I love knowing what my ETA is, so I can plan my stops acoordingly. I had it when I started, so I never had to rely on paper and the company's directions, but I doubt I'd have made it this long.

kinilu57

Expert Expediter
Our GPS has actually saved Brian's life, because I would have killed him by now. LOL. We use it for alot more than just directions to our PUs and DELs. We use it for Eating and entertainment too. Wouldn't even want to be out here without it.

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
Hi, Team Caffee. I, too am from a small town. We recently got our second traffic light. I couldn't operate without my GPS. It's great when you are in a big city and have to exit then take the next right, and then bear left, and then bear right again, etc. That is just to get on the next road. GPS is also great to let you know how much wiggle room you have time wise until you arrive at the shipper or cons. It is also good to know before you accept a load, if you can make it to the shipper on time. Especially is dispatch catches you on the run.
:+ :+

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I really don't know how a solo gets along with out a GPS and we sure like the GPS when the weather is bad and make the addresses hard to see. Not to long in the future they will be like cell phones you cant live without them.