Landstar

IT_S HOT

Expert Expediter
As others have said, the grass is'nt always greener, it just looks that way! I've been with landstar express for four years and I'm now thinking of leaving. I'm stuck on the west coast and the same sister company load that paid 1.00 per mile in April when I was here last, now pays .60 per mile. Landstar corp. has always talked about respect, and put their money where their mouth is. NO LONGER!! Express America is now the poor stepchild. And noone seems to care!! JAKE :(

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
Have not had a chance to post for a while. I made a change and it's too soon to pass judgement yet but I'm not impressed. I did'nt go with Landstar and I don't regret that. I do think I may have left my previous company a little too soon. I know I miss them (great guys) I just was located in the wrong place to be profitable with them. Lesson learned.

SpaceGhost58

Expert Expediter
I have been with LEAM for about 3 months now and I must say I absolutly love it.
What a difference from my previous experience with Tri-State.

No company is perfect but the BCO's are treated with respect and I am in charge of my own business.
There was an adjustment period making contacts but soon I was well on my way.

I have to be proactive and work the business and I love it!!!

As far as the post regarding the sister load....that is not expedited freight and will not be a high as LEAM rates.

Good luck with your venture!!

Spaceghost

IT_S HOT

Expert Expediter
You're right sister loads are not expedite loads, but since we don't get d.h. pay many of us used them to relocate to the freight lanes from DEAD areas. I did get a load back from west coast, but it took 6 days and still only paid 1.06 per mile(ford). Until a few months ago, 1-3 days and .80-1.00 per mile. I was offered a sister load @ .52 picking up on day 6. I just miss the "landstar freedom" that we used to have.
JAKE