kw wipers

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Have a T300 that the right side wiper chatters. We put new blades (complete), and replaced both long arms. Still does it. Has anyone else had this problem? Truck is a 99 model, about 200,000 miles. Before I forget, when you first turn them on it is ok, happens after it has been on for a while.(approx. 20 minutes) Any help would be appreciated before taking it back to the dealer. They are the ones who installed arms so I am thinking it is something else.

streetsweeper

Expert Expediter
You may want to have the tension of the wiper arms checked. By that I mean the amount of downward force put on the wiper blade.

After that about the only cause could be the aerodynamics of the hood (which can be a real pain in the butt). The use of a quality bug deflector can help to reduce or prevent that.

It forces the airflow off the nose to go up right away instead of allowing it to flow over the hood to the windshield where the wipers have to fight the continuous blast of air to do their job properly.

This can get to be real in depth discussion, so I try to make it short and sweet.