Kick or Receive?

Jayman

Expert Expediter
Quick poll. Who likes their team to kick and who likes to receive. I like to see my Colts kick. That way if they are doing what they usually do (play a close game or worse playing catch up at the half) they get the ball at the beginning of the second half. :7

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It does depend on the team and who they are playing. In general, I like recieving. It gives a team the opportunity to get the momentum going in their favor right off the bat.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
They had a conversation about that on Sirius NFL. You'd think a team would want the ball starting the second half, so if they score last in the first, they'd get the ball back again. Just like Highway said, the reason they take it first is the momentum of scoring on the opening drive. Seattle's had great success with that, as have the Colts. It's a psychological effect for both teams if the winner of the coin toss scores on the opening drive.

"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know." - Kansas

Jayman

Expert Expediter
Good points. I can see this is going to be a season where I say after the Superbowl...ok, what do we watch now? :+

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Yep... after the Superbowl, I start longing for fall again!... besides draft day and training camp. LOL

"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know." - Kansas