Kentucky derby

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
The owner must have regrets.

The jewels may have slowed him down and he wouldn't have won anyway .
I came south on I-71 in KY Saturday morning . KSP had a welcoming comittee for derbay fans . At exit 55 there was a bear on the overpass with radar and 5 chase cars working . Note I didn't say waiting . They stayed busy .

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Canadian touch in Derby...

Mine That Bird, bred in Kentucky by Toronto's Peter Lamantia and partners and bought at a yearling auction by Woodbine-based trainer Dave Cotey for $9,500, won four of five starts at Woodbine and was Canada's 2-year-old champion last year.

After winning the Grey Stakes at Woodbine last fall, increasing his earnings to $324,000, Mine That Bird was sold by Cotey and his partners at Dominion Bloodstock for $400,000 to a New Mexico partnership.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter

Mine That Bird, bred in Kentucky by Toronto's Peter Lamantia and partners and bought at a yearling auction by Woodbine-based trainer Dave Cotey for $9,500, won four of five starts at Woodbine and was Canada's 2-year-old champion last year.

After winning the Grey Stakes at Woodbine last fall, increasing his earnings to $324,000, Mine That Bird was sold by Cotey and his partners at Dominion Bloodstock for $400,000 to a New Mexico partnership.

So both sets of owners did very well with this horse.

Now maybe they can afford a set of jewels.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter

More on the "New Mexico partnership " .
http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/ap_alaska/story/781480.html

Last edited: