Keeping the glass clean.

Larry

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have used Napa soap to clean my windshield & mirrors and then applied rain X. Does anyone else have suggestions for keeping the mirrors from collecting water, making it hard to see. During todays rain (Detroit) I had a tough time seeing cars that did not have their lights on. (There ought to be a law about that, like in NY.)

Larry

tr

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Larry, I use rain-x on the mirrors as well as side windows, seems to work great for me.

Christyrose

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Larry, Michigan passed into law last year that headlights are to be turned on during rain. People just do not read the signs on the road.

Its now time to replace our windshield on the truck. It is so pitted the wipers are not working properly. Any ideas where to go for the best deal?

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Best summertime glass cleaner I have found is Fantastik- desolves the bugs like acid with minimal clouding.
I use clean DRY cotton rags to clean mirrors in the winter. A bit O' spit gets the salt off, and if kept dry they don't cloud up during trips with extreme temperature changes. Don't use anything that will leave a residue on glass in the winter.
-Weave-

BOBBYSGIRL

Expert Expediter
the window cleaner in a can i think its called clingo. thats the best to get the bugs off you spray the windshield and get back into the airconditioned truck. wait a few minutes turn on the wipers and the bugs are gone. its so easy.}> }> }>

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
My codriver has an obsession with clean windows. I kid him by saying he can't sleep well knowing there is a dead bug carcass on the windsheild. So I usually don't have to worry about clean windows.

When I run single I just pull up to the fuel island and turn the wipers on and spray the garden hose directly at the windsheild. After a minute or two the bugs are gone and the windshield is clean.

[h3]"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy."[/h3] :+