Kansas City Flying J

Billy The Impaler

Rookie Expediter
Researching
US Air Force
We're really stacked up here. About a dozen vans here. Slept afternoon and evening so I'm awake now. Boy, I'll tell you, there are some interesting individuals hanging out here. I've seen cars come in with busted out windows, they still to beg for cigarettes, and then roll out. I think when the morning employees arrive, they're going to make some of us leave because there's no place left for them to park.

• Wow
Reactions: Ragman

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I rarely hung out there. I would usually go u 35 to the Liberty exit (Kansas Street, I think) and stay at the Walmart there.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We're really stacked up here. About a dozen vans here. Slept afternoon and evening so I'm awake now. Boy, I'll tell you, there are some interesting individuals hanging out here. I've seen cars come in with busted out windows, they still to beg for cigarettes, and then roll out. I think when the morning employees arrive, they're going to make some of us leave because there's no place left for them to park.

That is one of the sketchiest truckstops I have ever seen. Spend a gallon or two and go to the J in Peculiar, the Pilot in Kearney, or the Petro in Oak Grove.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Billy The Impaler

Rookie Expediter
Researching
US Air Force
That is one of the sketchiest truckstops I have ever seen. Spend a gallon or two and go to the J in Peculiar, the Pilot in Kearney, or the Petro in Oak Grove.

I spent the rest of the night there. I told the office vans were really stacked up there and he promised to get me out of there, and he did shortly thereafter.

Reactions: danthewolf00

Billy The Impaler

Rookie Expediter
Researching
US Air Force

The new sketchy truck stop is the Love's in Nashville. I thought I was going to get murdered.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I met John England at that J in 2005. It wasn't bad then. We were both stuck there over a weekend after going to Ford. We eventually became best friends. John was a great guy, lost way too early. He posted here as MR.SNAPPY.

Reactions: danthewolf00

Billy The Impaler

Rookie Expediter
Researching
US Air Force

I wanted to go there because I remembered the days when that Hook had a unique buffet. I suspected it wasn't there anymore, all food options on the road being homogenized, and unfortunately, I was right.

The Giant in Arizona had unique food before Pilot ruined it, and Petro in North Little Rock had a great salad bar before it was standardized, ruined to be like the others. Mr. Fuel in Foristell, even though it was canned food, had people stop there just for the deli... Nothing good can ever stay the same.

Reactions: Charity's Van