Just what is the Criteria....

AutonomyRex

Seasoned Expediter
For becoming a "5 Star Carrier" here on EO?

I have contatced ALL the listed carriers and I am wondering how some that are only months old can be listed with Carriers decades old.

A few I could not locate the yard for a visit. Many don't even reply to a phone message. Some don't even have voicemail...the number/phone just rings and emails go unanswered.

So why are they all listed as "5 Star".???...aren't there any 3 star carriers or even 1 star? Who rates them??

Been around here a long time, I see the list get longer, though those "carriers" aren't getting much better.

Maybe some one here knows the answer.

Thx
A-Rex

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Don't know anything about Landshark, except I saw their trucks posted on the Alliance. They went into business at the beginning of May. Their broker bond was canceled as of 9/13/2010 and their insurance was cancelled on 7/28/2010, and yet their authority is still showing as active for both. I don't see a replacement policy either, but it may have been reinstated, which is why the authority is still active. That's all I know on that one.

AutonomyRex

Seasoned Expediter
Yep, my thoughts exactly on the money issuse.

Just lay your money down and your company gets a 5 Star rating...just like that it seems............
Be better if EO just called them "PAID SPONSORS".

Listing them as "5 STAR CARRIERS" is misleading. Especially to
those of us not 100% familar with expedite. I've been around a long time, and am very familar with more than several of the carriers listed....and I even thought for quite some time that EO had a "rating system" in place to assist the drivers.

I just don't see LANDSTAR and Landshark in the same boat.

A-Rex

Last edited: