just my opinion

new adventure

Seasoned Expediter
I have been reading the scripts from drivers and wanted to run my questions past you. I have a clean driving record and would like to try expediting I ve had my class a cdl over 15 yrs but no haz mat and no reason to want to see Canada my thoughts are there are 48 states to run so why go thru the hassle of canadian customs officers Im not looking to be home every weekend would like to be my own boss with my own truck I would be running teams with my wife who I would be training for her class B licences
1 Are there any companys that would be willing to give us a chance
2 Is a haz mat that important that we should both get them
3 Companys that run canada but donot require you to take a Canada run or penalize you for not taking one, I may some day want to do canada
4 would my wife need to go to a training class or could I train her myself
5 companys that have a purchase plan
WE live in central sc 10 minutes off I-20 and would like to be,kept as busy as possible :)

Mileater

Seasoned Expediter
I can answer number 4, depending on who you go with you should be able to train her once she has her temporary permit, then when she's ready she needs to pass the skills test through a state approved tester. 1 should be a yes also, which leaves you with 2, 3, 5 for someone else to fill in.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'll answer from an owner's perspective that I think would be similar to a company perspective as well. If I'm looking for someone to put in my truck and have 2 choices, one with hazmat and one without, all other things being equal I'm choosing the hazmat endorsed driver. If I'm looking for someone to put in my truck and have 2 choices, one who wants to or is at least willing to go to Canada and one who doesn't want to go, all other things being equal I'm choosing the Canada willing driver.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

abcwine

Expert Expediter
New Adventure,
Sounds like you would be a good catch for any expediting company.
Call around and find out who requires and who doesn't require haz or Canadian coverage. As far as training your wife for a class b cdl, most companies ar o.k with that also. I do also believe there are a few companies with different purchase plans, but as long as your credit is decent and have a couple of bucks to put down on a truck, most dealerships can get you financed.

Feel free to email me or call 800-831-8737 x1365.

ABC