June locations and did you see that flying DR unit?

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Just delivered in Taylor Mi at the Load 1 facility...nice place! Running a real short load to help out a customer in a bind, with a nice really price as a thank you! Will end up in Saginaw Mi tonight.

)0( Nasmaste )0(

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Should have said hi I was inside doing laundry.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Should have said hi I was inside doing laundry.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

Just picked up our AC part, was on a crusade to get it fixed after it went out in Laredo and no one had the part there...of course then this load happened and well you know how it goes! :)

)0( Nasmaste )0(

moose

Veteran Expediter
Aced another good paying week here. a good paying load from a dedicated Minnesota shipper down to Orlando, will deliver in the morning. then a lousy paying loads back out. will deliver Milwaukee on Mon. so a good place to start yet another week.
on a side note, now that Florida also have this stupid law that require a trailer to have a slider, i'm the king of the forest, as not many flats have a slider, so out of that shipper i got the best paying freight!. oh yeh, and my carrier loves me for that.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Moose, what do you mean a trl has to have a slider ?
Tankers, double drops, 10'2" spreads.
Are they exempt ?
It isn't April 1st again.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Zorry, as of the 1st of the year F.L have a 41 foot limit between the kingpin and center of trailer axles. permits can be obtained on line @ the FLDOT for 30$ {thieves!} for the year. permits are per trailer per owner. take 24hours to process & 3 days to arrive by mail.
this is obviously a direct violation of federal law, but the NHTSA granted them a permission to do so.

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Moose, if you could see me I'm shaking my bald head in disbelief.
Thanks for the update.

Man, I love my D unit.

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
Zorry, as of the 1st of the year F.L have a 41 foot limit between the kingpin and center of trailer axles. permits can be obtained on line @ the FLDOT for 30$ {thieves!} for the year. permits are per trailer per owner. take 24hours to process & 3 days to arrive by mail.
this is obviously a direct violation of federal law, but the NHTSA granted them a permission to do so.

Do what? Its a paperchase : green backs that it

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Flipped open my 2012 Truckers Atlas.
About a dozen states have a similar rule.
And it doesn't require a slider.
It limits your spacing.

More surprising is 27 states limit Straights to 40'. It was tempting to go over 40' during my recent build.
Thought about Oregon having a service truck torch a little length off a truck hauler's lowboy and Eagleville, Mo turning another one around with instructions to not bring the trl back.
I chickened out because it just take's one LEO to catch it and mess up a perfectly good week.

If your straight is overlength, the options are not good.

Crappy regulation.
Simeone will notice this revenue enhancement someday.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Poor baby. I haven't earned a cent since Saturday.

Sent from my SCH-I110 using EO Forums mobile app

On my way home. If no call by 1730 when I leave VA, I go OOS till Monday. My first payless week; I am not amused.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Picked up yesterday in Chardon, OH dropped this morning in Chicago. Sitting at the TA in north chicago exit # 1

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
All not lost. Shorty tomorrow; not much but it'll keep me in eats :)

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Pick up tomorrow here in Michigan then another pick up in Ky and one in Tn then it's back to Laredo...but the ac is working like a charm at least!

)0( Nasmaste )0(