June in the land of ONE!

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good Morning Load One! Yes sir, its already getting hot where I'm at. Time to get up and pay some bills ect. Well the Charlotte office strikes again with a Friday afternoon load. As I'm on my way to the delivery, the Tennessee office called for a Sunday pickup! Man I was GLAD that came through!

Will see what happens Monday, I'll be close to home and might head that way. Im staying in service all week and wanting to run cause I'm wanting to get the van finished before the Expo Show!

PS. Got a call from the Tennessee office. The load has been delayed til Monday. I'm back in service but if nothing comes up before then I'll just wait on the load!

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At home and OOS. Once I plotted my route and store stops to get home, that became the plain.

Once I got home...I stuck it rich! Up through the ground come a bubblin crude. Oil that is, black gold, Texas tea.

jed.gif

That moment didn't last very long as I found the source.

After arriving at home I decided to do a quick oil change. Apparently, I was a little too quick. I forgot to open/remove the oil containers drain plug causing the oil to spill over, what a mess. Oddly, I remembered to open the air vent (which I normally forget to do) :rolleyes:

My first thought was to just reach in the oil and remove the drain plug.

Well that didn't work out too good.

1- I couldn't find. I was fishing around at the wrong end, as I also set the container up backwards from how it should be. This was becoming a nightmare as I kept spilling more oil from all my attempts to find it.

2- The oil was so freaking hot! :eek: I'm amazed that blisters have not shown up yet from using my bare hand.

While I let the oil cool down I attended to the mess I created. The oil was still way too hot, I remembered I had a thick insulated glove, so used that to find the error of my ways. What should of been a "easy" oil change became the worst oil change ever. So glad I stopped for a shower and clean cloths before getting home. After all, how much mess could I make doing a simple oil change. Yup, I was covered in oil by the end of this :rolleyes: