July (18) Boom or Bust Locations

Noname

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Home in Florida. That's the boom part. Awaiting decision from the appraiser that the van is repairable or totaled. That's the bust part.
Rear-ended on I-40 in Nashville on Wednesday so my holiday started early with a real BANG!! But no injuries, so that's something to celebrate.
Enjoy the festivities and your families.
Hoping you're okay and things work out. Enjoy the 4th.

Thanks, same to you and your nurse. I drove my van home but I suspect it will be declared a total loss. So I will be looking for another used van while I consider other alternatives. Being idle a little is nice.....but too long is not.

SGAVan1

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Home in Florida. That's the boom part. Awaiting decision from the appraiser that the van is repairable or totaled. That's the bust part.
Rear-ended on I-40 in Nashville on Wednesday so my holiday started early with a real BANG!! But no injuries, so that's something to celebrate.
Enjoy the festivities and your families.
Hoping you're okay and things work out. Enjoy the 4th.

Thanks, same to you and your nurse. I drove my van home but I suspect it will be declared a total loss. So I will be looking for another used van while I consider other alternatives. Being idle a little is nice.....but too long is not.
I know where a 2016 Transit 350 is. High roof, extended body. Low miles. If interested send me a PM with e-mail and phone number. Its only about 200 miles from Orlando.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I finally got around to calling the Health Department to check out my options to be tested for lead.
I think I pushed it off, slipping into a little bit of a denial mode, not really wanting to know the results. That was pretty stupid on my part, but it happened. So I'll be going in on Monday to be tested. Will most likely not have immediate results, but at least that part will be over :rolleyes:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My home sewer line was being sluggish. Once the kitchen sink started draining slow, along with backflow from laundry and drain cleaner not helping, I figured it was time again to have the sewer line cleaned out. Last time was 4 years ago. I have a lot of tree roots around that like to clog it up. They eventually broke through and all is good again.

Since I didn't ask about price, using the same company 4 years ago, I was curious how much of a price increase I would see.

Result was a 31% increase in price. Guess they have no problems staying a head of inflation ;)

Reactions: ntimevan

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You’re on percentage, so I’d guess your rates go up about 8% per year also.,

It did make me wonder and was looking into it when I got distracted.

My results were not as impressive.
Based on yearly averages:
2014-2017 Rate Decreased -21%
2014-to date Decrease -9.83%

Gaining ground this year, but not even keeping up with inflation :rolleyes:

Reactions: ntimevan

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

The only thing that keeps going up is the FSC.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

The only thing that keeps going up is the FSC.

Maybe I can break even by the end of the year, or at least (dare to dream) be back to where I was 4 years ago ;)

What a great business goal :rolleyes:

dalscott

Expert Expediter
My home sewer line was being sluggish. Once the kitchen sink started draining slow, along with backflow from laundry and drain cleaner not helping, I figured it was time again to have the sewer line cleaned out. Last time was 4 years ago. I have a lot of tree roots around that like to clog it up. They eventually broke through and all is good again.

Since I didn't ask about price, using the same company 4 years ago, I was curious how much of a price increase I would see.

Result was a 31% increase in price. Guess they have no problems staying a head of inflation ;)

I know the feeling only too well. We’ve had that problem several times and finally discovered that the line was broken. Had to have a new line run to the street last year. At least we should never have to worry about that again!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: RoadTime