JB Hunt

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Spoke to JB this morning, as far as they now know absoultly nothing in reguard to expediting using smaller trucks at the present time. What it is, is part of the LTL with its partners in the Detroit area test marketing it but only with T/Trailers and or private carriers that they have contracts with.
But if there is a possibilty of an Expediting Division being established the person to Contact is Michelle Tevebaugh a JB Hunt in Lowell AR. at 501-820-8328. who was not going to be in the office today 4/26/00.
A gentlemen by the Name of Steve Campbell who I spoke with gave me her name. after he looked at the posting on this site which he is making a copy of and giving to his superiors to review so there is a possibility of them actually going in going into the Expediting end with the smaller trucks, but it is with a big ???????

bret

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
JB Hunt is one of the big-boy companies that have eroded the trucking industry by hireing bottom of the barrell drivers and giving unreal discounted rates to shippers.
Just take a look at all the recruiting at truck stops. Why do they need drivers so bad? Could it be turnover?
I pray that they never enter the expediting market. If they do, the rates per mile will surely go down.