It's just June.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Rest stop to Walmart back to rest stop lol

Same deliveries, good money, nothing to complain about. My load last night got cancelled, but I received the most generous cancelation fee in my history of expediting (if thats what you call it, mostly the same 3 places)

Decided I had too much flop going on, back on paleo eating. Found an entire paleo meal in the freezer section of the walmart (original title too, Paleo brand lol) but my biggest find was Starbucks dark roast iced coffee. I think they mean for it to be watered down, I've never had coffee that strong in my life

(No I didn't actually buy the paleo meal. Frozen jimmy dean sausage croissants and burritos but a vegetable and hummus snack, baby steps)

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Rest stop to Walmart back to rest stop lol

Same deliveries, good money, nothing to complain about. My load last night got cancelled, but I received the most generous cancelation fee in my history of expediting (if thats what you call it, mostly the same 3 places)

Decided I had too much flop going on, back on paleo eating. Found an entire paleo meal in the freezer section of the walmart (original title too, Paleo brand lol) but my biggest find was Starbucks dark roast iced coffee. I think they mean for it to be watered down, I've never had coffee that strong in my life

(No I didn't actually buy the paleo meal. Frozen jimmy dean sausage croissants and burritos but a vegetable and hummus snack, baby steps)
Funny you mentioned iced coffee. I was wondering today how they make it, or add anything to the process. I've had it before but never gave it a lot of thought. Without doing any research, I was thinking they either had to use cold coffee, or increase the strength to allow for the melting of ice.

I guess I'll look it up now

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: brokcanadian

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Funny you mentioned iced coffee. I was wondering today how they make it, or add anything to the process. I've had it before but never gave it a lot of thought. Without doing any research, I was thinking they either had to use cold coffee, or increase the strength to allow for the melting of ice.

Pretty sure it's cold brewed. Dunkin just pours regular coffee over ice.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: RoadTime

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Pretty sure it's cold brewed. Dunkin just pours regular coffee over ice.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using EO Forums mobile app
From Wikipedia

Cold brewEdit

A display of cold brew coffees in a Whole Foods market.

Cold brew, also called cold water extract or cold press, is the process of steeping coffee grounds in water at cool temperatures for an extended period. Coarse-ground beans are soaked in water for a prolonged period of time, usually 12 hours or more. The water is normally kept at room temperature, but chilled water is also used. The grounds are filtered out of the water after they have been steeped using a paper coffee filter, a fine metal sieve, a French press or felt, in the case of the "Toddy" brewing system. The result is a coffee concentrate that is often diluted with water or milk, and is served hot, over ice, or blended with ice and other ingredients such as chocolate. Slow-drip cold brew, also known as Kyoto-style, or as Dutch coffee in East Asia,[8] refers to a process in which water is dripped through coffee grounds at room temperature over the course of many hours.[9]

Because the coffee beans in cold-brewed coffee never come into contact with heated water, the process of leaching flavor from the beans produces a chemical profile different from conventional brewing methods.[10][11] Coffee beans contain a number of constituent parts that are more soluble at high temperatures, such as caffeine, oils and fatty acids. Brewing at a lower temperature results in lower acidity and lower caffeine content when brewed in equal volume.[12][13] It is around 65 to 70 percent less acidic than hot drip coffee or espresso, per part.[10] Although less caffeine is extracted with the cold brew method, a higher coffee-to-water ratio is often used, between 2 and 2 1/2 times. This may compensate for this difference in solubility, resulting in a brew with equal, if not more, caffeine (although this is unlikely).[14][15]

Last edited:
Reactions: brokcanadian
Status
Not open for further replies.